Lucy bowers

Woucher
« on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:01 am »
Hi has anybody used woucher to gain work if so did it pay off?
Mike

John Kelly

Re: Woucher
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:39:43 am »
Personally don't think its a good way to obtain customers. The secret to a successful carpet cleaning business is to build up a database of good reliable customers. These types of discount schemes tend to attract bargain hunters who have no loyalty.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:14:33 pm »
Hi has anybody used woucher to gain work if so did it pay off?
Mike
lucy, i was selling a lot of these vouchers
its not good for money at all, you work all day for nothing,
did I got returning customers? yes, many even few high end ones,
did it only on starting business, nothing will give you better experience then all those customers trashed carpets :)
do i recommend? depends, if you have loads of free time and would like to clean crapy carpets then yes, otherwise stay away from it. It is just not worth it for money. You will not get more then 100 a day minus all spendings, nothing so. You will get some extra jobs on top of the voucher, maybe from every 4th customer if you offer very low price. I wasnt offering very low price after the voucher to classify customer, if he is worth future marketing or not.
if you go for it then make sure your condition says "new customers only" .

JandS

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:11:41 pm »
You end up working the rocks off all your gear...your porty gets a right punishing if you get busy....and your getting peanuts for it so is it really worth it.
The strain on your gear alone isn't worth it never mind the strain on you.
If I have a morning or afternoon free, and it's usually an afternoon as I try to get mornings booked up first, I leaflet.
3 hours this afternoon and was  invited in by one couple to give a price while I was on their doorstep, one cup of tea and a chat and I got £135 job off them.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.