wayne zabel

Ive been asked to quote to clean 34 arm chairs in a sheltered housing complex where I clean carpets in the communal areas and also some individuals flats.

The chairs are not the sort you see in OAP homes - the people living here are relatively active and fit.

They are wooden arms and legs with fixed upholstered seats and backs.They are not badly soiled and basically just need freshening up as they are soon getting a new carpet in the communal lounge.

So I was thinking of a quick vac,followed by pre spray,aggitate,extract.

Would 10 minutes per chair seem a reasonable figure to base a quote on?That would give 5/6 hours on the job but it would probably take longer due to tiredness/set up ect.was thinking about allowing a day and a half and charging what I would want to earn normally in such a time.

Thanks

Wayne.

wayne zabel

Re: Time scale cleaning arm chairs.Sorry the steal gary22's thunder.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 10:11:48 pm »
Any ideas please,Im going tomorrow to give a price

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 10:20:38 pm »
Unless they are all in one room ready to go, I'd aim for 2 days due to moving around and the hassle factor

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:05 pm »
I'd be looking at £12 - £15 per chair, wipe wooden parts over with a damp cloth or a cloth sprayed with furniture polish to finish off. I'd use a microsplitter and do them in fours should leave enough dwell time for good results, and avoid the prespray drying out. They have probably been spot cleaned from time to time too so i'd also opt for an acidic rinse