Darran Pryce

Re: I must admit this forum
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2013, 01:32:24 pm »
Darren you must realise cleantalk is a sales platform for world of clean.
So does seem to lean towards there products. (Cant say if there good or not dont use them).
I do frequent the forum occasionaly. and find they are a very helpful bunch to each other.
especially if you use there products, Help is at hand via a good forum.
As long as you take it for what it is
I got banned from there, recommending another company's products. As they log your ip on sign up I couldnt sign up again, So  I harvested proxy's to block my ip and did multiple sign ups.

I understand.  I know I was going to do the same, but can't be bothered.  Won't lower my standards :-) 

garry22

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2013, 02:49:18 pm »
By far, the most shocking thing about CT is that only really caters for grown ups.

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2013, 03:01:45 pm »
Wot yoo talkin about Gary ??  :-*

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Derek_Walker

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2013, 03:48:31 pm »
This is the kind of topic that makes cleanitup look like screamitup. It serves no useful purpose and offers no questions, advice or discussions about carpet cleaning. There are many companies using cleaning products from different suppliers and it is all about having a choice. A lot of products achieve similar results regardless of who makes them. Cleaning forums are there to be used for information and there are some very experienced cleaners on both this site and the other one, it seems pointless to distance yourself from a site purely because they do not talk about other products.

tony bish

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:31 pm »
Here here Derek ,couldnt have put it better

garry22

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2013, 07:22:54 pm »
Wot yoo talkin about Gary ??  Kiss

Grin

Hector, I was trying to be very clever and make a subtle point (which was wasted!). Obviously, next time I won't bother to spend ages on a carefully crafted reply.  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2013, 08:03:50 pm »
Good plan mate.... wasted on the plebs here..

;D ;D ;D

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2013, 08:07:37 pm »
it seems pointless to distance yourself from a site purely because they do not talk about other products.

But are they allowed to talk about different products? ::)roll

*Hector*

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2013, 08:19:30 pm »
Yes they are Mike...

Jim Neal, who is a mod on the other channel regularly talks about and uses other products.. So does Ken Wainright and many others....

What they are not allowed to do is slate Solutions products without a good reason.

stuart mc

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »
ohhh this section is fun ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 08:28:08 pm »
And it is out of bounds to sweaty window lickers Stu..  :P :P

;D ;D

stuart mc

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 08:59:12 pm »
And it is out of bounds to sweaty window lickers Stu..  :P :P

;D ;D

ok I am going ;D just packing my bags and I will be off :P

Neil Jones

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 09:08:15 pm »
Bored now.... Heard it all before. Just make up your own minds and keep it in your own mind!!!!

stuart mc

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »
awe naw I am stuck here, where did the window section go :o HELLLLLLLLP hector

dan paton

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2013, 09:31:42 pm »
look oot the windey an ye'll see it

stuart mc

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2013, 09:39:07 pm »
look oot the windey an ye'll see it

its fine panic over I can see the light :D the way ahead is clear, no more carpet munching to disturb my mind, think I may have PTSD now ;D

on a serious note it is good to see you lads talk as much rubbish as we do, catch yes all later if I ever fancy a career change

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2013, 01:43:50 pm »
This is the kind of topic that makes cleanitup look like screamitup. It serves no useful purpose and offers no questions, advice or discussions about carpet cleaning. There are many companies using cleaning products from different suppliers and it is all about having a choice. A lot of products achieve similar results regardless of who makes them. Cleaning forums are there to be used for information and there are some very experienced cleaners on both this site and the other one, it seems pointless to distance yourself from a site purely because they do not talk about other products.
[/quote

In my experience topics such as this increases the Cleantalk ratings as people go and have a look .
Look I have been able to type Cleantalk . Could someone return the favour and type Cleanitup without it being changed on Cleantalk I am not sure as there are so many myths.
My personal view is I have great respect for John Bolton , Nick and The Cleantalk team. I would also like to thank Paul Elliot the founder of Cleantalk as it inspired me.
I arrived here as I wondered where everybody from the early days of Cleantalk had gone and i found them here.
Derek Bolton was the original  Moderator

There was also another spin off site where John Bolton was the moderator along with Ken I think

I think it was a sad day when The Forums declared war on one another. I do not want to go into when I think it happened  but it was a lot better when e rubbed along  together which I hope is the situation today.
We need Forums you are very lucky in The Blind Industry nobody wants to talk to one another value them treasure them and accept them for what they are and yes it is good to have leg pull along the way regards
Ian

tim handley

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »

very very helpfull folks on there in my experience, certainly helpfull when i was starting up, yes its about selling solutions/jags but you dont have to buy solutions/jags to get help from them!!!!!!!!!   yes i agree one of the mods is off putting, hence i dont post much nowadays but still find it helpfull, and long may it remain so....... and if i had a vested interest in the solutions company i would also post endlessly about trial packs, m power etc etc etc!!!!

john martin

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2013, 03:28:43 pm »

Nothing wrong with promoting your own products but from what I've read the reply's to questions  by the knowledgeable  forum elders  are often skewed  , deliberately omitting relevant options and information or snuffing out the conversation if it gets too anti regime  .
The genuine regulars chatting amongst themselves give the forum a veneer of legitimacy for its real purpose ..  to groom newbies .
Newbies potentially with money to spend are seized upon and given deliberately biased  advice by a combination of  Industry leeches  ,  payed shills , self appointed regime minders and lackeys .   :)

Chris Straker

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »
John ...... as you previously stated "deliberately biased  advice by a combination of  Industry leeches  ,  payed shills , self appointed regime minders and lackeys" ...... any advice I offer is likely to be biased in that I can only talk from experience and I used Solutions products !!
I am not in the supply industry, paid, self appointed or a lackey ...........  although I understand you are in the supply industry and very vocal against anything from Solutions so I can understand your deliberately skewed approach....... I sung the praises of my Speedster when I used that but decided to go for something more powerful but lighter to manoeuvre.

Someone referred to the Jaguar 6.6 & M Power as crap products that don't always work ......... MP & Solutions microsplitters  are what basically won my 6 green business awards and Parliament prefer to pay me 3 times as much as their own contract cleaners, to get the end results and the drying times that the Jaguar 6.6 can offer.
I will stand corrected, if there are other products or machines out there, that have achieved the same acknowledgements but in the meantime ........ I cannot simply sit here reading a thread started for the sole purpose of belittling something unjustly  ;D