Darran Pryce

I must admit this forum
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:38:07 pm »
Is a lot better than clean talk.  Clean talk is so bias and many of them are too up themselves.

Sorry, but I just had to say it :-)

Dennis

Re: I must admit this forum
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 05:44:49 pm »
You'll be banned now.  ;D

Paul Evans

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:44 pm »
Darren you must realise cleantalk is a sales platform for world of clean.
So does seem to lean towards there products. (Cant say if there good or not dont use them).
I do frequent the forum occasionaly. and find they are a very helpful bunch to each other.
especially if you use there products, Help is at hand via a good forum.
As long as you take it for what it is

Darran Pryce

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 05:53:41 pm »
They can ban me mate.. I don't go on it anyway.  Bottom line is if they or anyone else can't take it on the chin, rough with the smooth, then they shouldn't be in business.  Cleanitup is a lot better. That's my experience :-)

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 06:09:35 pm »
Cleantalk was owned many years ago by a couple of free thinking guys to whom I cannot remember.
It was very popular forum whith many subscribers and was not moderated.

It was taken over by Nick at Solutions. Since then it seems to have become somewhat of a semi closed community who are, or seem dedicated to the products that Solutions supply.

In effect if someone comes up with a problem, there are many who will revert to recommending Solutions products only.
Also it seems that if another product is recommended such as Prochem, it will be omitted from the post by default.

The forum therefore is highly moderated and posted by people who seem somewhat brainwashed.

It is certainly not now the free thinking and unbiased forum it once was and under a certain amount of control by the owner who seems to have a small amount of sheep following him.

Darran Pryce

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 06:16:40 pm »
Cleantalk was owned many years ago by a couple of free thinking guys to whom I cannot remember.

It was taken over by Nick at Solutions. Since then it seems to have become somewhat of a semi closed community who are, or seem dedicated to the products that Solutions supply.

In effect if someone comes up with a problem, there are many who will revert to recommending Solutions products only.
Also it seems that if another product is recommended such as Prochem, it will be omitted from the post by default.

The forum therefore is highly moderated and posted by people who seem somewhat brainwashed.

It is certainly not now the free thinking and unbiased forum it once was and under a certain amount of control by the owner who seems to have a small amount of sheep following him.

Mike your so right, this is what I have experienced.  So, so bias and wrong. I stopped using it a few weeks ago and for all of the above stated.  I got recommended this site which is far more professional.

Even the way one of the forum mods on the other site talks to people is wrong.

#Happytobehere

Darran Pryce

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »
They can ban me mate.. I don't go on it anyway.  Bottom line is if they or anyone else can't take it on the chin, rough with the smooth, then they shouldn't be in business.  Cleanitup is a lot better. That's my experience :-)

Hi mate, yes I was aware of it.

Max Campbell

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 09:04:59 pm »
Cleantalk's a bit of a laugh - I can't help promoting non-WoC products when I get on it - trouble is the site works very well - it's easy to put up pictures, watch threads, etc - technically it's a far better site than this one, but the bias is cringe-worthy.

Craigp

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 10:15:15 pm »

Hi mate, yes I was aware of it.

You're actually replying to your own post, pmsl. Do you have split personality or just short term memory?

;D

David Ware

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 10:24:03 pm »

Paul Elliot with another started Clean Talk, then he started Truckmounters Forum. The later forum has been run in the same style as when started, so thanks to Glynn and Simon.

David

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »
That's the joys of working on your own for too long, apparently I have a beautiful singing voice my alter ego says so often we sing duets in acapella.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 10:28:59 pm »
Matthew was the other owner of cleantalk his surname escapes me think he was a window licker.

Shaun

ian harper

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 06:42:02 am »
agree with what's being said, but this forum has its issues like not be able to be searched from outside. so you cant link into any posts. this is mad in a social world. so if i want to post on G+ i just get the log in. i know there are buttons but they are pointless if you have to log in. on clean talk they have their settings so you can read the post that come up in search.

As has been said this is an advantage as its about selling Nick's stuff. having said that this forum uses advertising and if I was one would not be happy that it was closed as this would limit the reach of my paid advert.

Craig - CW Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 08:42:18 am »
Would you go on the Meguiars detailing forum and ask about
Autoglym products? I think not.
Use it for what it is a forum based on the products of the owner.
Of which I am perfectly happy

Cheers

Darran Pryce

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:43 am »
The difference is Craig, on the other site once you start talking about other products they get down graded, and your not liked. I have witnessed it first hand, it's so, so bias and other have seen it too.

It's called freedom of speech and everyone is entitled to talk about other products/have opinions without been looked down at.  Prochem/Chespec and others spend millions in developing their products and are just as good as some other products sold by others!

If I go to Asda would I expect just to see Asda food.... They have a wide range of products/branded that others retailers sell too and their customers can talk about whatever they like.

On here it's not bias, we can talk about other products without upsetting anyone and not looked down upon, unless "some" of Solutions brainwashed individuals are on here too.  But once again, its freedom to go on to whatever forum we like and have debates like this one and chatting about what we do and don't like, without worrying about getting banned! That's just childish in my eyes.

I'm probably banned on the other forum for speaking my mind, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Have a nice day.

Fran84

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 01:42:22 pm »
Cleantalk is owned by SOLUTIONS. I actually love most of their products and post freely on both forums.

Darran you really do have to understand that CT is a forum for SOLUTIONS USERS. Hence the reason you won't hear much about other products.

I do know that just the other day Ken Wainwright was openly talking to a member about a Prochem product so why do you have such issues?? We all know what the forum is and as long as you use it for it's worth then I see no problem really.

Glynn

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 04:14:02 pm »

Paul Elliot with another started Clean Talk, then he started Truckmounters Forum. The later forum has been run in the same style as when started, so thanks to Glyn and Simon.

David

Wasn't he Mathew Taylor Dave ?.
Regards
Glynn

V_Purcell

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2013, 08:10:32 pm »
Darren you must realise cleantalk is a sales platform for world of clean.
So does seem to lean towards there products. (Cant say if there good or not dont use them).
I do frequent the forum occasionaly. and find they are a very helpful bunch to each other.
especially if you use there products, Help is at hand via a good forum.
As long as you take it for what it is
I got banned from there, recommending another company's products. As they log your ip on sign up I couldnt sign up again, So  I harvested proxy's to block my ip and did multiple sign ups.

tony bish

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 12:49:24 pm »
Think Fran has a very valid and sensible point.Of course they push their products and why not ,I certainly would if it was my site .And I also saw that post Fran regarding Prochem ,I frequent the site and have found some very good information on there just like I do on here ,but I certainly dont come of the site starry eyed and wanting to worship the owner or their products .Like I posted once before ,I am an adult and make my own mind up about what I use or dont use ,and if you feel you are being brainwashed by reading a forum then in my opinion you have issues far more important than carpet cleaning .   

Darran Pryce

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 01:29:49 pm »
Think Fran has a very valid and sensible point.Of course they push their products and why not ,I certainly would if it was my site .And I also saw that post Fran regarding Prochem ,I frequent the site and have found some very good information on there just like I do on here ,but I certainly dont come of the site starry eyed and wanting to worship the owner or their products .Like I posted once before ,I am an adult and make my own mind up about what I use or dont use ,and if you feel you are being brainwashed by reading a forum then in my opinion you have issues far more important than carpet cleaning .   

Funny.