Andrew@Approved Carpet Cleaning

Re: Orbot Spray org
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 08:25:11 am »
Does anyone know any info on the spray kit for an Orbis 200? As in, what do you get in the kit, is it an electric pump etc
Andrew
Approved Carpet Cleaning of Flitwick
www.carpetcleaningbedfordshire.co.uk

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 08:40:52 am »
The Truvox spray kit is basically a 1.5 litre pressure sprayer and is designed for applying floor maintainer to floors.

I believe Solutions did a kit for an Orbis. It may have been made by Hydramaster.

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 08:51:26 am »
Cheers, much appreciated.  :) will ask the question.
Andrew

stuart_clark

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2013, 10:07:46 am »
Paul
How good is the release it Encap ? Looking on the website the DS encap looks good? but the environ has a better  dilution ratio but does it work as well? with respect i dont realy want to hear answers from suppliers as its in there interest to sell there chemicals and promote them, and for that reason i would like to hear from cleaners that are using the stuff! I currently use Solutions fusion clean, Chemspec Rotabrite, and Dynamal

garry22

« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2013, 10:30:27 am »
Stuart,

I started "Encapping" back in October with a secondhand Cimex. I've used Releaseit DS2 and Basic and got fantastic results from both.

I have one commercial job that is done every six months. I did it in October and am due to do it again shortly.

I say do it again but that's not really the case. I have been told that the upstairs offices (about 2/3 rds of the job) will not need to be done as they still look fine! That was done with basic and the occasional pre spray of Encap Punch (only the heavily soiled areas).

Paul Moss

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:04 am »
Stuart, they all work well, but i dont like the double concentrate one, i prefer the punch. For routine work ( med soilage) my favourite is environ. It has great dilution rates, removes 95% of stains and has a nice medium strength smell.

*Hector*

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:58 am »
I have just recently changed from fusion clean to environ. It works just the same if not slightly better, and it has a much better dilution rate to work, than fusion clean.

If that makes sense.
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 12:39:02 pm »
I've only used Surround Ultra, nice smell, does the job damn well from my point of view. But i'm not an encap veteran....YET! ;D
Andrew

james roffey

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 01:05:55 pm »
Going to use the last of my Craftex catalyst today, the dilution rate is 250 ml per litre of prespray and it cost about £30 for 5 litres, i just think that is very expensive for prespray.

PS The truvox spray kit is nothing more than a pump up sprayer and a plastic pipe, A better method would be a small electric pump running off a solution tank already fitted to the rotary, anyone done this ?

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 01:15:46 pm »
James, i'm looking at doing that with mine. Bit like whats on the h bot. So would be interested if any one has done this or knows what we will need.
Andrew

Paul Moss

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 01:44:08 pm »
Paul and Garry

I clean 45 specsaver stores every three months and soil levels range from minging depending where they are situated , and some that are just lightly soiled as they tend to be located in indoor shopping centres and most of the foot soil is walkied off before the customers enter the shops! I basicaly need a high performance encap with a nice smell, dont realy care what the stuff costs or the dilution rates, I always gone for performance of chemical and the odour it leaves! The Fusion clean from solutions only works if you mix it strong ie 10/1 but then the fumes from it gets in the back of your throat and similar with Dynamal

Stuart I do 2 specsavers, i don't know if they are similar carpet tiles to the ones you clean, I extract mine with a rx every 12 months. If i was bonnetting them every 3 months then i would use environ.

stuart_clark

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 02:31:50 pm »
Paul
They are all the same mate! Green tiles made by Gaskells about £16 per tile £73 a sq mtre thats why i clean them so often, they need cleaning at least three monthly intervalls twelve monthly is far too long

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2013, 12:57:29 am »
how often do you have to change the pad on the SprayBorg? Obviously depends on how dirty the carpet is but roughly? an hours with of bonneting? can you ring it out and use it again or should it be totaly dry?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2013, 08:12:22 am »
Dry pads absorb the moisture better than re-rung pads however if you are using an Encap product the absorption is not as critical as if you were using a cleaner.
I generally swap them out every half a bottle of product.
As you rightly say it does depend on the soil level.
Most of my work is on carpet tiles so I tend to use the Agiclean/Fiberplus pads which are agitation only and let the Encap do the rest.

Paul Moss

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2013, 08:32:40 am »
Paul
They are all the same mate! Green tiles made by Gaskells about £16 per tile £73 a sq mtre thats why i clean them so often, they need cleaning at least three monthly intervalls twelve monthly is far too long

What you clean them every 3 months because they are 73quid a sq metre :D

Naa Stu full extraction with the truck and a spinner takes all the poope out of them, they are one of the few h/d tiles thatbwill take the stick and also give the muck up easilly. Tbh my stores still look pretty good then i get to them 12 months later and oneis in a shooping centre with very heavy foot fall. The chewy is normally the biggest prob but my little machine has that stuff off in seconds  :)

stuart_clark

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:33 am »
When i first started cleaning the middlesbrough branch twenty years ago, we cleaned them every six weeks! the very first time we cleaned the shop it was inondated with chewing gum and it took hours just to remove that! think it took us about five hours! that was two of us with two extraction machines, Since 98 we have cleaned them using Encap but on at three monthly basis! the fact you have only cleaned there carpets every twelve months have now invaladeted the warantee with the carpet company! I am suprised gurnsey havent sacked you? they obviously dont know ! or the branches that you clean are very greedy, but by not sticking to the rules of the maintenance contrct they have shot themselves in the foot realy I am one of Gurnsey aproved opperators and thats why i clean so many

Paul Moss

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2013, 02:32:46 pm »
Hours to remove chewy and 2 of you 5 hours to clean a shop  with 2 machines ;D was that with the full 50 psi ;D. Get real man.
A Warrenty on a commercial high synthetic carpet tile, with high foot fall, really... ;D
Stu cleaned these for about 5 years with no probs of payment from Guernsey.
Most of the spec savers are changing the ratio over more to wood now any way.
Do you do the wood as well on contract ?

I must phone them up and get all the contracts as you must be costing them a fortune.

stuart_clark

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2013, 04:21:43 pm »
Paul
It took two of us to revove the chewing gum from, what was the biggest store in the uk at that time! but the overall clean took five hours! and yes you are probably right about the 50 psi but that was then as i said 20 yrs ago
We clean the carpets every three months to preserve the carpet not just to clean!  If  you leave carpets a full twelve months without cleaning with all that foot traffic think of all that damage to the tiles You obviously dont do much maintenance cleaning! If you did you would know that a twelve month clean is a corrective clean and not a maintenance clean and leaving carpets that long before cleaning advances iriversasable damage to the carpet tiles! and no machine in the world however powerfull can correct that

stuart_clark

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »
Paul
Forgot to say mate
Ring Guernsey and ask for Shaun williams ! he is the operations Director and tell him how you bragg about only cleaning there instalations only once a year !!  It will be the last ever time you do a specsavers ! i will put money on it

Paul Moss

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 04:56:27 pm »
Stu , Shaun is my brother in law  :D he is down this easter so i will have a chat  ;D

Of course I shall mention you.