andy east sussex

wot a job
« on: March 08, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »
i done a property clean today they insisted it to only take 3 hours so did best job i could by my self came up really nice 2 hench guys as landlords but basically decorator was there as soon as i had cleaned it was made messy again so i just carried on to complete job for them right at end big guys right in face arguing with me etc and s*** about mess being left after all my explaining still going off on one i thought what ever im letting go now and gave them aload of gob ready for any trouble after the state of the place before i started. god sake were only cleaners we/i dont expect to get treated like s*** anyone else sometimes get this trouble first moody ones ive come across

wynne jones

Re: wot a job
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »
I take pic of all jobs before and after on my phone. Handy for situations like that with time stamp. Sounds like typical meathead used to getting their way.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:36:40 pm »
Andy

Yes been there take it with a pinch of salt they will calm down and be a valued customer
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

andy east sussex

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:03:04 pm »
those guys dont bother me but its just the fact i worked so hard for them to get it done for it to be thrown in face and because i opened my mouth probly going to get a bad name :(

maxcampbell

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:29:28 pm »
those guys dont bother me but its just the fact i worked so hard for them to get it done for it to be thrown in face and because i opened my mouth probly going to get a bad name :(

So what would u do different next time?

bennymon

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 11:00:35 pm »
Right hander lol

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:52:07 pm »
As soon as anyone starts setting limits I start to ask questions and insisit i'm the last man in. And yes photograph the lot. Rule no1 cover thy own a#se ;D

Chris Straker

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 07:09:36 am »
I always work backwards on carpets so if anything goes on once I finish a room or a floor, then that is their responsibilty, as I would not have moved to next room/level, if it had not been properly cleaned  ::)roll

Most of my work is referred so there is already that assurance in place but there have been the odd new customer that spoils your work ........ as long as I ask if they need this area before I finish ........ they can do what they want after or pay me to reclean @50% >:(

james roffey

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 11:47:59 am »
I had the same recently customers said place would be empty and i quoted on that basis, when i arrived the builders were inside decorating and making a lot of mess i did what Chris did started at the back worked my way out and any mess made was not down to me, made me laugh though when the decorators said we can move stuff for you to clean under, i said what when i vacuum, when i prespray, when i agitate and then finally when i extract   ::)roll

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 05:59:56 pm »
had the same a few times. Absolute  pain in the arse! What are some people thinking getting you aropund the same time as other tradesmen!

andy east sussex

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 06:31:54 pm »
ive invoiced them as soon as did job stated payment within 7 days thats fair enough after grief i got and if they dont pay il just take legal action and put the charges on there also

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2013, 06:50:03 pm »
you invoiced it?

For a job like that I'd want payment on completion, ideally in cash. They sound like messers.

andy east sussex

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2013, 09:07:11 pm »
could i have issues if they dont pay invoice and is it alot of agro sorting legal bits out

wynne jones

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2013, 09:33:41 pm »
could i have issues if they dont pay invoice and is it alot of agro sorting legal bits out

You live and learn. Set things up in future in your favour. This one may go fine but you have set things up with a lot of opportunity for agro needlessly.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

andy east sussex

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2013, 09:37:42 pm »
ye see what you mean guys god sake doing lots wrong this week and when its times like this i really think to myself why do i do it for the greif really 99.9% customers are fine but just that minority who want to ruin the hard work whats put in

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 09:38:00 pm »
even if you take them to small claims and you win, doesn't mean you'll get any money out of them.

cash is king

tony bish

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2013, 06:41:43 pm »
I had a couple of knuckle dragers have a go at me and my opo about not paying for the fitting we had just done a few years back ,just trying to get a discount and they started getting nasty to try and intimidate us .They made the big mistake of man handling my mate ,to which he gave one an upper cut and the other a straight left leaving them both near spark out .He was a middle weight amateur boxing champion and was good to see him having a bit of sparing practice. Needless to say they bloody well paid us .