Ian Hare

Suites - charging per seat?
« on: January 21, 2004, 06:56:36 pm »
A can of worms to open up here.  ;) :o ;D

Following on from the topic of suites earlier, many people charge per seat unit.

However, how does everyone qualify this in relation to a typical 3pc  (e.g.) 3 seat sofa and 2 armchairs.

An armchair has:       two arms + one cushion area.
A 3 seater sofa has:  two arms + one cushion area
                                 + two more cushion areas.

These extra two cushion areas are approximately equivalent to two arms + one cushion area.
The point being a 3 seater sofa is equivalent in size to 2 armchairs.
This is of course dependant on relative cushion size and whether double or single sided etc.

Therefore, who charges for 5 seats and who charges for 4, or perhaps has no-one thought of it in this way?

Regards Ian.
Regards Ian.

woodman

Re: Suites - charging per seat?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 07:48:37 pm »
Hi Ian

A basic 3 piece suite is five seated areas and as such my charges would start at £29 a seat.

A large two seater sofa is still classed as a 3 person seated area as cushions are so large and would be charged as such.

Scatter cushions are extra. ;)

Alex

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 08:18:59 pm »
I like Woody charge for 5 seats, my price is £15 per seat and an extra £5 for proction, however, I'm now putting my prices up as the time it takes and some advice from the guys on here about pricing and customers.

Alex

Derek

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 09:35:32 pm »
Hi

Pricing by seating unit is probably the better way... a three piece suite...what is it?

3 x 2 x 1

2 x 1 x 1

3 x 2 x 2

Each three separate items but what a difference in material to clean.

Derek

Ian Hare

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 10:30:20 pm »
Hi Derek,
long time no see,
the point I was making is that a 3 seater sofa is equal in value to 2 armchairs, if you were to lay out all the material flat.
So a 3 pc cosisting of a sofa and 2 armchairs, I cost as sofa=50%  chairs=25% each of the total.
An extra chair would add an extra 25% to cost.
Most people would add only 20% by their methodology.
Regards Ian.
Regards Ian.

Derek

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 09:50:18 am »
Hi Ian

Nice to meet up with you on Wednesday night... an interesting evening.

I do happen to agree with you ... I have found that a two seater settee plus two chairs takes almost as much time to clean as a three seater and two chairs... my price for the former reflects that

Regards
Derek

Dynafoam

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 08:37:56 pm »
Derek,

Like yourself, I find that most 2-seater sofas take nearly as long as 3-seaters.

When you examine most three seaters, the majority of the soiling is located in the arms and the outer cushions - the centre cushions are likely to be the cleanest part of the contact areas of the entire suite.

For this reason my prices differ only £10 between the two sizes.

John.

Derek

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 09:25:16 pm »
Hi Ian

Sorry about the mix up in names...I don't usually split Hares!!!  ;)   That was a terrible joke  :-[

Regards
Derek

Ian Hare

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 11:50:39 am »
Derek, it's the kind of joke I'd crack! Fawlty humour, Python reared.
Ian.
Regards Ian.