Len Gribble

Paint removal
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:43:50 pm »
;D

I seem to be coming across a lot of paint on carpets, what products/method do you find the best for paint removal gloss and emulsion?  Also do you charge extra?

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Glynn

Re: Paint removal
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 02:07:26 pm »
Chemspec P.O.G

Glynn
Regards
Glynn

cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 02:19:00 pm »
P.O.G. is good but so is white spirit and its cheaper.

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 02:31:23 pm »
White spirits is more limited in its uses though

Glynn
Regards
Glynn

Hi Len,Hi Len,Re: Paint removal
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 02:53:48 pm »
Hi Len,

Jelsol is excellent also graffiti remover by auto glym.  

Regards
Lakeland
:)

brucie

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 03:38:09 pm »
Be careful of using white spirit if you are going to extract afterwards because of the flash point.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 04:47:39 pm »
Hi Paint spots that are dry can be lightly sanded with coarse sand paper the dust can then be vacuumed out no chemicals required!! followed by a light rinse.

even if we do make a chemical that works on paint !!

Mikes got one or two as well!!

Best regards Nick

woodman

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 05:48:36 pm »
Hi Len

Don't use white spirit it's very unstable and if the carpets have a secondary backing it will loosen the latex
causing delamination and loosening of tufts.Often when you go into a property where the client has used white spirit you will see that there is what appeares to be a bubble under the carpet this is the reason why.

Not quite sure about Nicks method I would be worried about bursting the pile, of course you could nap of the pile by how low do you go.?

For Gloss paint you can use (with practice) Nitromors, you apply the gel,work it in with a scraper removing the excess as you go,keep your extracta at the ready to keep flushing out.
This method works very well especially on Axminsters and Wiltons but is time consuming so costs will be high and there is no guarantee of success.

Good Luck

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 08:56:42 pm »
Make sure you use the water rinseable Nitromors, I think it's in a green container, and use your PPE.

Experience has shown with paint, as opposed to emulsion, minor spots and spills can be dealt with effectively. But major spills are usually a replacement job.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 09:16:34 pm »
;)

I thank you all for your feedback, a lot of food for thought!

All you CC have great and prosperous year.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)