Jim_77

Re: Bonnet Carpet Cleaning.
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 05:52:54 pm »
Hmmm you've kind of got no chickens to lay any eggs to get more chickens, if you get my drift?!?!

Maybe you need to extend your credit a bit, temporarily, so you can lay the foundations of a marketing system.  Marketing doesn't cost money, it makes money, but you need to make the initial outlay before you see a return.  Definitely get on to DF and have a chat about marketing, surely they have things you can tap into?

How long you been going Phil?

clinton

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09:47 pm »
Phill you have  got a great set up with the dry fusion and as jim said some of the fusion guys do charge top money.

It does take time phill to get a business base started.

Good luck

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »
been using dry fusion a couple of years but was working for a friend until i bought a setup from him in october to go it alone it's been a hard 1'st year mate just hope i can turn things round and be successful but little jobs here and there the money just goe's on petrol,shopping etc got 3 kids that need feeding lol so no marketing money and no real money makers lined up i just take it as it comes.

I also turn into a nervous wreck thinking of going into places asking for work so i just post postcards and hope i get a call and i should be earning heaps being sat on the fringe of Blackpool there's 1000's of hotels but i'm just not that good at talking lol.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 06:17:56 pm »
some carpet's don't come up as good as other's
Phillip,
You're brave man saying that on here. We all know there is a pount where LM just can't cut it which is why the majority have other systems available to deal with very soiled carpets, the one's I think you're referring to.

Simon

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 06:20:14 pm »
But i only have access to dry fusion at the moment and if my business did pick up then i would invest in other machines to do different types of jobs but at the mo it's a no go.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 06:28:21 pm »

THIS IS YOUR NEW BEST FRIEND!!!!!

Use yell.com to search for target market sectors like nurseries, doctors surgeries, schools etc.  Dealing with one type of target like schools all at once helps you adjust to the specific needs and characteristics of that type of customer.  By the time you've phoned 10 or 15 of them you'll notice you're having very similar conversations with all of them

Ring them up, nice and confident sounding (even if you're bricking it :D) no messing about.... tell them your name and what you do, and offer a FREE DEMO.

Very few will go for the free demo, they just stumble over themselves with excuses, but that's OK because before they hang up you ask if you can pop something in the post to them, and ask who is the best person to address it to.  Most will give you the name to get you off the phone, some will just flatly refuse but hey ho that's how it works.

Remember to make a note of each call, what the response was (no good pestering a rejection) and any further action needed such as post letter/flyer to them or call back next month.

Before you know it, you've built yourself a list ;)

You can keep working on your lists, use the phone to get more details and then put mailshots in the post once you have the decision maker's name.

No good addressing to "the manager" or "whoever does the cleaning", it'll just get binned.

I guarantee if you make 100 calls you'll get a couple of jobs.  Try it :)

P.S. I use microsoft excel to create and manage my lists, very simple

garry22

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
Phillip,

I can see where Simon is coming from but that does not help you. If you only have DF, then that's what you have to use.

I've got several systems including DF. The trick is to look for work that suits it.

People definitely like carpets that are dry straight away and smell nice and fresh. Activator is great for that.

As Jim said, they EXPECT to pay more for that sort of service. Just try asking for more.

This site is one of mine and is pretty much dedicated to LM for offices but you could use the same approach for higher end homes..

http://www.correct-office-carpet-cleaning.co.uk/

Feel free to borrow a few ideas off it if that helps.

clarkson

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2011, 06:33:28 pm »

1) What is the best machine to use? Fast or slow rotary machine,
2) Method. Is there a perfect method for achieving the best results?
3) Chemical. Obviously, manufacturers are constantly developing chemical ranges but what are the best on the market right now for Bonnet Cleaning.
4) Carpet types. Are there carpet types which respond well to Bonnet Cleaning & others which don't?
5) Bonnets/Pads. Who's do you use? Where do you purchase them? Have you used others which were not so effective?

hi
i agree texatherm works really well, if you call mark at texatherm  he is happy to talk shop. if you get from him he will train you up for free.

i will say though that bonnets have there uses but sometimes you just need hwe.

cheers

john

1) Slow
2) Like HWE, different methods for different scenarios
3) Standard low foaming products work like Pureclean
4) Synthetics
5) Texatherm ones are good

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2011, 06:34:03 pm »
Lol that's exactly what iv'e been doing offering free demos on postcards they look very professional and lol i've been addressing to the manager haha i'l try on the phone but i start stuttering and lose my words then that's the job lost cause i sound like an amatuer lol.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »
Why dont you go out for a few hours with an established  fusion guy and see how he works.

You will prob come home with more confidence too and some ideas to get work in..

clarkson

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 06:44:23 pm »
Lol that's exactly what iv'e been doing offering free demos on postcards they look very professional and lol i've been addressing to the manager haha i'l try on the phone but i start stuttering and lose my words then that's the job lost cause i sound like an amatuer lol.

Phil
have you got anyone you know who is confident to do some canvassing/calling for you. if you cant get anyone who will work commission only cant any of your mates or family do a few hours for you ?

once you have done a few jobs at good prices you will have the funds to invest a bit.

john

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 07:07:46 pm »

Phil
have you got anyone you know who is confident to do some canvassing/calling for you. if you cant get anyone who will work commission only cant any of your mates or family do a few hours for you ?

once you have done a few jobs at good prices you will have the funds to invest a bit.

john

i'm hoping my Dad come's in with me he's manager of the waterfront venue for the council but is getting made redundant in december he's used to all the suited and booted stuff i'l just have to wait and see and maybe i am too cheap as i just went to price 2 large bedrooms up £20 each and she said is that all maybe a rethink is in order.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 07:23:56 pm »
We had that problem, being too cheap.....

we were told that people were not booking us because they were expecting upselling or a shoddy job.

put the prices up by £10 per room and the work started flooding in..

We put the prices on the leaflets so the customers would know the prices before calling.

Just an idea

I only LM clean by the way, and once in a while find a carpet that I cannot clean, but to be honest not very often.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 07:29:36 pm »
Colin Bright charges minimum of £100 per job that's not a full house but most likely per carpet give or take, he's in Blackpool.

If you don't ask!!

Shaun

cannon

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 07:42:40 pm »
[

[/quote]i'm hoping my Dad come's in with me he's manager of the waterfront venue for the council but is getting made redundant in december he's used to all the suited and booted stuff i'l just have to wait and see and maybe i am too cheap as i just went to price 2 large bedrooms up £20 each and she said is that all maybe a rethink is in order.
[/quote]

Definatly! I sympathise with you philip because its where i was, ive stopped comparing my prices to the £10 a room lot and started to compare the other way, ie: this is my price and im approx ___% cheaper than the large national companies.

I live in a "deprived area" and there are another 2 "carpet cleaners" on my estate and many more within a very short distance, in fact lately there appears to be a so called "carpet cleaner" poping up on every street corner, i like to be aware of them but rarely spend much time worrying about them anymore.

Dont listen to the doom and gloom, look around your town centre any day of the week, theres plenty of people spending, theres plenty of money around.

Have you considered adding oven cleaning? its a god awfull job and not as lucrative as carpet cleaning but its proving quite popular. I get a steady couple of ovens a week, I wont be retiring any time soon on the proceeds of it but its additional cash flow and opens some doors for carpet cleaning.

rugdoctor

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 08:19:46 pm »
BANG GOES ANOTHER POTENTIALLY USEFUL THREAD THEN. UNBELIEVABLE!

Thank you.
Phil

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 08:40:29 pm »
UNBELIEVABLE great for spotting by dry fusion and people are just being helpful stemming from talking about rotary ok.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 10:07:36 pm »
Phil,
If you want to control what people discuss - buy a forum, otherwise, go with the flow.

Simon

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
Simon are you allowed on here after 10pm what with the ban have you one of those tags on your ankle? ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 10:19:03 pm »
Steve,
I'm a free man now, I've served my time, plus an extra week just to make sure that I am fully rehabilitated, which of course, I am. ;D