wayne zabel

Best Prespray for PP carpet tile spotting
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »

Ive got a job over the weekend to spot clean large office area.PP light grey tiles.

Client didnt want to pay for full clean so weve agreed to do spots and small stains and extract them.

Can anyone suggest the best solution for such a job.I have Power Burst.Ultrapac,Pure Clean,M Power and various MSplitters on the van,which will do the best job.

Thanks

wayne

MAX Carpets

Re: Best Prespray for PP carpet tile spotting
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 04:19:48 pm »
depends what the spots are really. I would add something like citrus gel to the mix for blu tac/gum.

Cheers

Justin

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »
I should have said,its just general crap that gets on the office floor really.....Coffee,mud,drink spills.There didnt appear to be any chewing gum or blue tac

Len Gribble

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 06:38:09 pm »
Wayne

Done similar few weeks back

Power burst with a dash of Citra-Boost I was not very happy with the results but the customer was
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Phillip Mold

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 07:14:50 pm »
Be quicker to give it all a proper spray of m_power than faff about with the spots!

(Reaches for crash helmet ;D)
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

expro

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 07:50:46 pm »
For spots and spillages Try Stainpro as a spotter and rinse extract with F & F Rinse

Expro
Expro

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 08:01:49 pm »
I agree with Phillip, it would be quicker and more efficient for the job.....

Linds Russell

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »
Enzall and then wave bye bye to the stains!
Linds

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:16 pm »
John Kelly sells a good encapsulation spotter great for stubborn spots.

Shaun

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:49 pm »
just make sure you charge for it, can be time consuming. You might find it better to skim with a bonnet

Jason Hedges

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »
Hi Wayne,

Problem you might have is if you only clean the spots they might be left with clean circles on their carpet depending on how dirty it is. If its clean-ish you might get away with feathering out around the edges so as not to leave much in the way of defining clean/dirty lines. You'll should be okay with a m/s for most spots/stains as its polyprop or a solvent for any oil/tar/gum/bluetac/toners etc. (use sparingly on cloth).

Other way to look at it is that if you leave clean circles on their carpet they migh have you back to do the lot in the very near future ;). Has happened to me before.

I've just done some big offices, used powerburst for first all over clean then went over seating and desk areas and bad traffic lanes with bonnets and chemspec rotobrite, came up lovely.

All the best,
Jason.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »
I love these jobs.
You advise that spot cleaning will just create a negative situation to what they origionally had but do they listern?
So make sure you create 6 inch squares of perfectly clean carpet. Then when they come in the next day they'll be greeted with bright clean spots all over the place ;D
Then the phone call comes asking what you've done?
You tell them you advised against just spot cleaning and you end up doing the whole job for far better money.

cannon

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2011, 09:19:14 pm »
I know your asking about pre-spray but i wouldnt leave home without chemspecs POG.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 09:26:50 pm »
POG on tiles? you'll melt the backing.

Shaun

wayne zabel

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2011, 09:28:37 pm »
Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I have advised the client of the possibility of of clean circles and they understand.

The offices have only been opened 6 months so the main areas are quite clean with just spots and small stains here and there.

I quoted for dcoing the full carpets but they decided to have the spots only done.

cannon

« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »
POG on tiles? you'll melt the backing.

Shaun

Sorry should have read question properly, im still thinking of the office job i did yesterday which wasnt tiles! and POG made all the differance. And i wouldnt leave home without it.

Which similar working product would you recomend for the bitumen backed tiles? i Have prochems citrus gell, never tried it yet.

Billy Russell

« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2011, 10:17:32 pm »
John kelly has an orange gel, think its craftex one, thats quite good, but always use a gel on a bitumin backed tile because it sits on the top as apposed to the other solvents that will go straight to the backing!!

Jason Hedges

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2011, 10:54:23 pm »
You can still use solvent spotters with caution on bitumen based carpet tiles for mild surface stains like oil based, just spray onto towel and wipe out. For more stubborn spots like gum or blutac that need dwell use a gel where it will sit on surface not penetrate backing like liquid solvents.

All the best,
Jason.

cannon

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 12:32:19 am »
How would solvent spotters affect foam/rubber backed carpets? I know there can be problems when foam degrades would solvent spotters accelerate this??

Also if a carpet was glued down would incorrect use of solvent spotters cause problems? im assuming so but just to clarify

Jason Hedges

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 01:04:00 am »
Hi Cannon? Sorry dont know your real name.

Solvents can break down the bitumen backing of some carpets (normally tiles) causing it to transfer to the surface after cleaning revealing unsightly oily spots or marks. These can be removed but its a time consuming process and accountable to the carpet cleaner as its a cleaning error. Using gels that sit on the surface will greatly reduce the possibility of this happening.

Foam backings as far as I'm aware will not break down with normal light solvent use. Neither will they effect carpets glued down unless excessive ammounts of solvents are used.

All the best,
Jason.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 09:20:25 am »
Solvents can make the rubber or foam backing bubble or disintegrate, Chemspecs liqua gel is my favourite but does need rinsing.

Shaun