clinton

Re: Warning of Ashby’s Water pump in Ninja
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2010, 02:29:35 pm »
Would not give ashbys a penny of my money and was all set to spend nearly 3 n half grand two years ago on a set up they had and found one guy in paticular very unhelpfull so spent the money somewere else!

boshravie

« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2010, 05:29:20 pm »
Boshravie
I have had three ninjas over a ten year period and although the machines were fine when they were working, i hated going to Ashbys when they were not! I felt that i recieved very bad service from them from start to finish, but that is very common with hwe extraction machine suppliers.
Good suppliers are few and far between, Nick from solutions is a real breath of fresh air! I havent experienced service that good  in the twenty odd years that ive been in the business
I just hadf a problem with a pumptec pump i bought it from woodbridge commercial, but saying that the fault wasn't realy a warantee repair, in fact the pump was only three months old but had corroded completely and valves were not seating properly! I have been using Ultimate master from altec! and believe there chemical has caused the damage to my pump! i emailed robert saunderes from Altec and he has refused to accept responsability even though his tecnical people told me that there chemical was corrosive and would cause damage to pumps, apparently they infact install a differant black pumptec pump in there machines to combat this, but of course we are not to know that are we ? 

Hi Stuart –Clark

Many thanks for your informative feed back, yes you are right about some of the machine suppliers, I have had bad experience from Altec too, and that was a long time ego, which put me off of buying their machine.  and to tell you the truth I don’t have the time to chase Ashby’s for this, I think the damage they have caused to most of us regarding their service has now come back to them, I am so grateful for this CLEAN IT UP FOURM that we can all come to this place and find out so many information and also can name and sham companies that not behaving in a good manner, and treating us bad way. I could never imagine myself to even try to cheat my customers in this way, not just because of my business going down, but my conscious wouldn’t allow me to do so, and these people running a massive company and representing a very good machine (NINJA) and giving them a bad name too, remember ninja doesn’t belong to Ashby’s, they just import it and assemble and add few things to it.

Bosh

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2010, 11:35:26 pm »
Hi Vernon.

I still have one of your pumps in my Grace machine. It's never missed a beat. I think it's around 200 or maybe 225psi. Never even serviced it. Don't use it full time now as I have a TM. But it was a superb upgrade from the 135psi pump that came with the machine. The extra little bit of psi doesn't sound a lot but in the real world makes a huge difference. I am not convinced that the old shurflo pumps kick out anywhere near 135 at the wand.
Glad to hear that its still going, but I did tell you it would. LOL
Like a lot of pumps they dead head it and say that is the pressure, crap . One thing I do know is my pumps, I had a certain manufacture visit me on lots of ocasions, to peek at my machine and see what pumps we used, they put a 500 pump in their machine only to be with drawn shortly. WHY, because the used the wrong motor, little did they know that we had gone through what they went through motors only lasting weeks, due to our power supply in the uk. Rectifiers are ok if you are using 110 volts
60 cycle. Pumptec pumps can take 105 degrees C for 7 houes a day 6 days a week, however you do loose pressure a bit when you get over 95 degrees, and your bypass piston rubbers also take a hammering

ianharper

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2010, 04:47:39 pm »
Guys

has anyone found a supplier for Ninja pumps yet?

Respects

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2010, 06:34:05 pm »
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2010, 07:33:45 pm »
These storys I have been told many times from people and can understand where there coming from, :o you dont know how good it is or they are untill you have got the machine,I can tell you I had a ninja,now have a power flite great machine great after care by caring people,can only recomend Amtech,nice to hear other carpet machines companys the same so it should be,we spend a lot of money with these people.
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

boshravie

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2010, 10:27:01 pm »
Ian

Look at this site http://www.pumptec.com/html/Europe.htm

Hi Ian, if you have dealt with this company in England before , do you know how much they are selling the 400 p.s.i. for ninja?

Matt Lindus

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2010, 11:19:16 pm »
I get what few chemicals I need from Ashbys (dont do much cleaning). All the branded chemicals they sell are cheaper than any other company and been told they work spot on. Service always seems to be great and friendly.

ianharper

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 07:51:33 am »
Terry

I must say that these stories have put me off ashbys who wants to pay out £450 and have it go wrong in a few weeks or months we need reliable parts, what i dont understand is the one in my machine has lasted about 4 year, what gone wrong for ashbys with their parts? and am now thinking about a CFR

Respect

Ian Harper

Steve Gunn

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:06 am »
I had the very same problem with Ashby's Derek agreed to replace pump as I did not have 6 month service but Martin refused and over ruled his father,Derek is a gentleman but I think his son drags the company down

boshravie

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 07:37:05 pm »
Terry

I must say that these stories have put me off ashbys who wants to pay out £450 and have it go wrong in a few weeks or months we need reliable parts, what i dont understand is the one in my machine has lasted about 4 year, what gone wrong for ashbys with their parts? and am now thinking about a CFR

Respect

Ian Harper

Hi ian,
I must say love your website, implicitly professional .
You see as said before, Ninja carpet cleaning machine Is a fantastic machine and have been going for I think more than 20years, but no matter which kind of machine you buy, which I believe there are new modern ones on the market now, it always come down to customer service, unfortunately with few companies, who think they are the only source of the equipments for certain items, they  are the GOD and you either like it or lump it, which is the main cause of their downfall. That’s why  I am always in favour of competition.
Competition gives best service for consumer and  at the same time keep most companies on their toes.
I have had CFR too in past and I wouldn’t rate it much. So good luck.

Bosh

ianharper

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:20 am »
Bosh

I had a single vac cfr which i got free with my deal with woodman when he went down. i used it for upholstery cleaning. i found the idea great and would hope that the water lift is as good as the ninja on the doubles.

Its really sad about Ashby's. I called this week and he said that the aliment has to be right with the motor and pump or it will knock it out. this could be what they are doing wrong and then blaming the users.

What i plan on doing as i gave my back up ninja away when a friend got his stuff stolen is replace with a small pump and then that will give me time to sort out the big pump. does anyone see any problem with doing this?

what would machine you recommend?

I like vac based and not air flow.

Thanks for your comments. I try to show the prospect that its a bit more than dirt sucking. mind you with the way the market is at the moment its very priced based. I have lots of ideas out there at the moment testing what's working. would be nice to hear from others what's working for them. For example i have had rubbish results with leaflets of late.

Respects

Ian

ianharper

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 08:15:20 am »
Veron

your email on your site does not work

info@carpetcleaningworld.com

respects

Ian

ianharper

« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 07:43:09 am »
Thanks Len

great service a scot and sons.

wynne jones

« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 08:54:10 am »
Some good info guys.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.