boshravie

Warning of Ashby’s Water pump in Ninja
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »
Hi guys I believe is my duty to warn all you guys to be aware of the service Ashby’s provide regarding their water pumps in their ninja or any other service they provide.

I have had problem with their service for several year and I have spend several thousands of ££ with them and i would have thought they treat me with a little respect as a good customer and not try to ripe me off.

This year in MAY month I had a problem with my water pump leaking in Ninja and took it to them for repair which is a 2 hours drive from my home town, I had to Waite most of the day for them to get it repair as I needed the machine for my job ,and they said that this pump is no longer serviceable and has to be changed to a new one for a cost of £450 including V.A.T. and fitting which I was happy to pay, as I always like to have my machine in an excellent working condition.
 took the machine back and within 2 days after, it leaked again, and had to take it back again, so they looked at it and straight away tried to put the blame on me so they can charge me again for fixing it, I was crossed with them, and I told them that I just use plain water in the tank and that’s all, as we clean carpets by pre spraying the carpets therefore don’t need any chemicals in the water tank. After all that Hassel they repaired it again, 6 months down the line water pump is leaking again and I have spend another £400-£500 to change to a new pump.

I just think they way they treated me over the year is very unfair and very unprofessional so I thought I let guys know that to be aware, if they can they will take as much money as they can from you.

Is any one else has had problem with them?

Vernon Purcell

Re: Warning of Ashby’s Water pump in Ninja
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:31:00 pm »
Which pump did you get with the machine

cleanability

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 08:33:34 pm »
Ashbys and water pumps !!!!!!!!!! Bought a Ninja with all the bells and whistles. Water pump packed in after 7 months. They refused to replace it because I hadnt had their 6 month service. I kicked and stamped and they changed their mind. 8 months after that water pump packed in again. That was 3yrs ago and i havent used the crappy machine again. I'm open to offers if anyone wants it lol

Chris

boshravie

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 08:34:56 pm »
Hi Vernon
Pump Tec

clinton

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 08:37:07 pm »
I would never deal with them too and i almost bought a new machine from them a few years ago and the service was poor.

boshravie

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:38:47 pm »
Well this is interesting with 10 minutes already one more complain, many thanks for you comments Cleanability.

brianbarber

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 08:39:40 pm »
Did sittingbourne  or dartford do the work.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

boshravie

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 08:40:01 pm »
whaaaaa two complaine, please keep it coming guys.

brianbarber

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:16 pm »
I would ask to speak to Derek Ashby, he's the owner,

He's always been very fair with me.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

boshravie

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 08:42:39 pm »
Over the year I have taken them to Dartford most of the time, but the last time which was May this year it was Sittingbourne and it was Edward Ashbys that I was dealing with most of the time. 

Matt Seymour

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 08:44:11 pm »
I have a Ninja 400psi and guess what?

Yep, there is water leaking out through the bottom of it.

I won't be taking it to Ashbys though. I use a company local to me who are pretty reasonable.

boshravie

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:06 pm »
I would ask to speak to Derek Ashby, he's the owner,

He's always been very fair with me.

Mr B
[Hi Brian barber, it doesn’t  matter who is serving us, the point I am making is that they have to be fair with their customers, this is competitive market and if you don’t look after your customer you be doomed

boshravie

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 08:51:49 pm »
If one of my customers spend nearly £10,000 over a period of 8 years I would most certainly make sure my customer is treated like a KING. That’s how much I spend with these guys.

james roffey

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 09:25:36 pm »
My first machine was a Ninja, whenever the machine went to kent i parted with money usually a lot, in the end i had no trust in them telling me the truth about what really needed fixing and what they could get away with replacing, sold the machine recently now have an Airflex turbo from cleansmart which is a completely different setup i trust Mat to give me good advice and not try to make a quick buck, and he has been more than generous considering i did not buy direct from him, i got my machine second hand he honoured the warranty on the machine and has sent me plenty of stuff free of charge plus helpful advice thats customer service Ashbys hang your heads in shame wsell at least one of them :-X

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 10:09:16 pm »
Hi Vernon
Pump Tec

Yea they have about 20 diffrent models
common on is a 205 V with a Fasco motor or a 112V with a brush motor which one do you have?
Does your machine have heat?

boshravie

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 10:24:18 pm »
Hi James.
Many thank your great reply, I am very grateful for you guys, and its good to hear that I wasn’t the only one.
You see greed is very bad, specially when its to do with  money, ever since I got involve with Ashby’s, I could sense that all of them were money greedy, and thats the worst thing you could do to yourself as well as your business, imagine you have spend years to build your business and then you treat your customers in bad manor, and then see your business go down in no time.
its crazy way of going about running your life. Just doesn’t make scene. And that’s what they are doing to themselves.
I am so glad that you (James Roffey) are happy with Cleansmart, in fact I have bought few small items from them time to time and its good to know there are descent companies out there for us to do business with. And I have this to say to Ashby’s, I hope they take note for their own sake.
(Quality is not expensive, it is priceless. Quality is never and accident either. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skilful execution. Quality represent the wise choice of many alternatives.) 

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 10:28:58 pm »
They know there always new suckers coming into the business

boshravie

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 10:29:51 pm »
Hi Vernon
Pump Tec

Yea they have about 20 diffrent models
common on is a 205 V with a Fasco motor or a 112V with a brush motor which one do you have?
Does your machine have heat?

Hi Vernon Purcell.
To tell you the truth, I have no idea what kind of bump it is, because I have never taken it apart as I am not technical in these matters, its just my new engineer that I have found in my home town, who is much more skilful than Ashby’s and a kind man told me that its Pump Tec. What different would that make any way?

Matt Seymour

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 10:32:12 pm »
I have to say that as soon as I have the money available to me I will be offloading my Ninja and getting another machine. Maybe an Alltec or Scorpion.

The Ninja is great when it works, but in the 4 or 5 months I've had it I've had the heating element go, a few electrical problems and now it's sprung a leak and I dread to think what the cause of that is.

Mark Slaney

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »

Anything you buy over £100 is covered by the consumer credit act 1974 for up to 6 years. If you think that the pump is faulty and is not your fault ask ashbys to repair or replace free of charge. If they don't tell them you would be getting an independent survey done on the pump.(can cost up to £400). If the survey goes in your favour you can claim the cost of a new pump and the money for the survey back but I bet it doesn't get that far.

Mark