waynebarry

Truvox Machines
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:15:52 pm »
Has anyone used any of the above carpet cleaning machines before as they are 15mins from me and may take a look at the HWE machines?

Re: Truvox Machines
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 07:21:40 pm »
dont know how good the hwe machines are, got a truvox multiwash on a site for general hard floor cleaning, its been used every day for about 5years, never had a problem with it.

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 07:50:33 pm »
If I remember correctly, the machines I saw at a show couple years ago were basically Powerflite machines - think the pressure was restricted to 400psi on the Truvox.

waynebarry

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 08:01:16 pm »
Westy- Just looked at the Multiwash how do you find it? do you know if its anything like the envirodri?

Joe - Hi, Yes looking at the website I think your right, but do you use much higher than 400psi when your cleaning domestic carpets or schools?
Your proberly wondering why I havent brought anything yet after ringing you for advice, well I have just landed a large contract on the other part of my business which has been keeping me very busy!
 I had made my mind up to go for a porti in the end and was looking at the Texetherm system but they arnt available for three weks so looking for an alternitive as I have left it late and have two schools in just over a week plus domestic work!

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 08:04:44 pm »
Wayne

With my Prowler I am usually at 400psi
With my Scorpion at 300psi because mine is a early Scorpion and thats the max of the pump.

waynebarry

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 08:11:48 pm »
So when you saw them at the show what did you think of them Joe I value your opinion?
And I take it from your reply that 400psi ok and I wont come across many times when ill need more than that?

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 08:14:09 pm »
Westy- Just looked at the Multiwash how do you find it? do you know if its anything like the envirodri?

Joe - Hi, Yes looking at the website I think your right, but do you use much higher than 400psi when your cleaning domestic carpets or schools?
Your proberly wondering why I havent brought anything yet after ringing you for advice, well I have just landed a large contract on the other part of my business which has been keeping me very busy!
 I had made my mind up to go for a porti in the end and was looking at the Texetherm system but they arnt available for three weks so looking for an alternitive as I have left it late and have two schools in just over a week plus domestic work!
Did think about cleaning it up when I started cc and using it for agitation, think they would be very very good, about 20kilos I would guess, various brushes, waterproof, its to dirty to bother trying it as its used on very oily floors, I bought it new for about £800 on offer five or six years ago, its the 340 I think. But imo would be good for agitation, I also bought the trolley with it which is good for transportation between areas.

waynebarry

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »
cheers westy I think ill give them a call and have a look.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 08:26:45 pm »
I have had a CFR500 from Amtech via Cleansmart (Matt no longer sells them).

If you used a twin jet wand you would be able to work at 250-300 psi and get good results (subject to good cleaning fluids/aggitation/dwell and good operator).

Just make sure the vac motors are good quality ie Lamb Ametak as some c/cleaners with Powerflites have had problems with cheapos being fitted and failing early.

waynebarry

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 08:30:57 pm »
thanks joe ill let you know how i get on ;D

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 09:56:38 pm »
powr-flight do the same thing, have they got something to do with Truvox or vice versa? heres a clip of one in action..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owQ_QcQZxo0&feature=related

chris fairhurst

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2010, 01:54:18 pm »
Hi had a hydro mist 400 started out as a good machine but quickly went from that to appauling, first machine leaked every where and then blew all the fuses in a customers house and truvox replaced with a new one then the new one blew a vacuum motor after five weeks took three weeks to get repaired, then one of our staff had a electric shock of it and eventually the metal connecting ports on the back burnt right through all in the space of 2 months so for us not very good
C Faiirhurst