nathankaye

Dont think i want these as a customer
« on: April 15, 2018, 02:25:23 pm »
So i left a quote at a house I used to clean several months ago as new owners have moved in.   So many months later I have these exchanges of texts with the new owners

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Shrek

Re: Dont think i want these as a customer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 02:54:28 pm »
They will defo sack you off after the 1st clean .... don’t do it!!
Lmao does it include conservatory roof 😂

lal

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:27:36 pm »

Nathan, just tell them the 1st clean will be treated as a one-off and priced accordingly, why don't you offer them
 the one-off clean for £100.00, which includes the conny roof, then tell them what the lower regular 4 weekly
 charge will be, they will say yes or no simples, just saves all this faffing time wasting back and forward with texts
 which i hate.
 Larry

John Mart

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:05:10 pm »
Why not in answer to the conservatory roof question just say "no, sorry".

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 04:20:59 pm »
You obviously haven't read his back posts then , Nathan likes to over complicate everything  ;D, God help the person who ever stops him and ask for directions to somewhere  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 04:51:50 pm »

I did fancy putting
"your having a laugh arent you"
But I thought my response was more appropriate in educating the tight fisted messers, who would definitely not sign up every 4wks and what a stupid question
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 07:28:11 pm »
Not really Nat - your better off saying no or bugger off than all that bluster

Just my opinion

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 07:57:43 pm »
You dont need to over elaborate nathan, sometimes it comes off as quite patronising or arrogant the way i read it.

"Hi, windows, frames sills and doors inc sides of consevatroy would be £15 every 4 weeks"

Oh i want a one off

"No problem, in that case it would be £30, thanks"

does that include the conservatory roof

No, if you would like a quote for your roof i would be happy to provide one on the day of cleaning, thanks"

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 08:01:30 pm »
thats the way !

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 08:54:25 pm »
Nathan you told them you don't do one offs, then gave them a quote of £35.......for a one off ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 09:11:10 pm »
I was cleaning a house the other day with lots of cladding when the neighbour came out all excited asking if I'd clean her windows.  Her windows were black, so was all the cladding and informed her that I don't do one off's , she soon lost her smile and stormed off back indoors. I know the trad cleaners who do most of these and if they weren't taking her on as a regular customer I'm pretty sure she wasn't going to pull the wool over my eyes.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 09:56:09 pm »
Nathan you told them you don't do one offs, then gave them a quote of £35.......for a one off ;D

Haha i did think that when I wrote the text, but itagain proves my point. The reason I dont do one offs is because people wont pay for them.

I originally posted a flyer, that I leave with all my customers houses that move out and its addressed to the "new occupants"       kinda like a welcome to new home bla bla bla, i used to clean windows and this is how much if you would like me to do so for you. Etc etc.

I left that quote several months back.   Now I may have mis read her last text, but I understood it as being, forget the one off price and we will go for the regular 4weekly price clean instead, oh and throw in a free conny roof clean to seal the deal.
But either way in which it was meant, its damn cheeky and I aint that desperate for work. Its a pre printed flyer that I leave in all homes that my clients move from and I leave a space to fill out the price. Since the original customer moved out, ive gained several houses as a replacement.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 10:38:05 pm »
;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 07:09:04 am »
;D

This.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 09:25:09 am »
i would of kept it short and sweet and offered....

1.a one off price
2.a regular clean price
3.a conservatory roof price

take it or leave it......
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 12:11:38 pm »
I really can’t understand anyone doing a one off it’s the first thing I ask and if they say yes it’s a sorry we don’t do that and the phone goes down,these people are messers why would anyone want a one off,I tell you why they are either moving or  want just a spring clean. If they changed there mind on the spot if ask for 2 cleans up front that’ll bring the true colours out of em,I see some WCs doing em and I know for a fact they are short of work.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 12:13:32 pm »
I ain’t got time to keep up with my regulars let alone one off time wasters,Nathan I thought you were snowed under with work.

Slacky

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 01:30:54 pm »
I’ve just picked up a one-off.

£6,500.

2 weeks work. You keep to your regular.  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 01:35:21 pm »
yes slacky,  next time i get a call for a 1 off jobbie around that price im just going to slam the phone down on them  ;D

Darran

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 03:03:48 pm »
I don’t mind one offs, as long as the people are honest about it.
I do them Saturday mornings.
I can charge more money, I get more walk ups on a Saturday and most importantly, I don’t have to do food shopping in Sainsbury’s.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"