Dry Clean

Re: Hot users - optimum op temp?? (It's not Latin 😁)
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2018, 08:26:09 pm »
There you go Robbo, this will save you £5k from the off and another £1k a year in running costs, if you really want to make your
work life easier then don't add a couple of grand's worth of extra work to your yearly workload just to pay for a fancy bird poo scraper. lol

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2018, 08:47:20 pm »
Daz...serious question...
I clean every 8 weeks and don't really have a problem with bird poo or snail trails. Yes I get a few, but I deal with them, job done.
However:
I like the idea of hot water to speed me up and I appreciate that hot cleans quicker and probably better, than cold.
Would hot water be of benefit to me?
I currently clean round the frames (quickly) (a quick 3x swipe where the top of the glass meets the rubber), twice over the glass (left to right, then right to left) and a very minimal rinse ( I use a high flow).
If I used hot, do you think I could do just a once over the glass (left to right etc).
This would be a massive time saving for me and probably worth the investment.
Sorry to put you on the spot.
Cheers
Robbo

at the end of the day robbo hot water makes EVERYTHING better......rinsing/scrubbing/drying of the windows/hose management/no freeze ups in winter......and yes you can "splash and dash" with more confidence on some work......

Cheers Daz
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

the king

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2018, 09:14:59 pm »
hotter the better unless your cleaning fin delicate glass  warm is ok but hot kicks ars  8)

windowswashed

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2018, 11:54:50 pm »
I have a question aimed at hot or warm water fed users...........Do you bother insulating your tanks so the temperature is retained in the tank?
I insulated my wfp tank so when I choose to use warm water I know it's not wasted losing heat through the tank.
I have 2-3000 litre of water that is  insulated from the sun (when it is out), heating my storage tanks (free of charge courtesy of solar panel heating), so when I return home at the end of the working day I am able to transfer warm water straight into my insulated holding tank in my van ready for the next working day and it remains warm all day long  from late spring through to late autumn.

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 12:55:59 am »
I have a question aimed at hot or warm water fed users...........Do you bother insulating your tanks so the temperature is retained in the tank?
I insulated my wfp tank so when I choose to use warm water I know it's not wasted losing heat through the tank.

Absolutely.
I dont know why ones go to the trouble of perhaps using an immersion heater and not go the extra step to insulate the tank
I have 2-3000 litre of water that is  insulated from the sun (when it is out), heating my storage tanks (free of charge courtesy of solar panel heating), so when I return home at the end of the working day I am able to transfer warm water straight into my insulated holding tank in my van ready for the next working day and it remains warm all day long  from late spring through to late autumn.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:08 am »
Every pound we spend on expenses has to be raised by cleaning windows therefore wasting money needlessly is no different
to cleaning windows for free (the hobby shiners don't get this ) therefore it would be madness not to insulate your tank.
If you feel that you have to use hot water then at least try and make it cost effective and keep the amount of extra windows you
have to clean to pay for it to a minimum.

Jonny 87

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 07:35:36 am »
Every pound we spend on expenses has to be raised by cleaning windows therefore wasting money needlessly is no different
to cleaning windows for free (the hobby shiners don't get this ) therefore it would be madness not to insulate your tank.
If you feel that you have to use hot water then at least try and make it cost effective and keep the amount of extra windows you

Exactly.

Let’s go back to ladders and buckets. Far cheaper.

There’s a balance to everything. 5k over 5-10 years etc plus £1000 a year in maintenance to make a working day “comfortable” to many is well worth it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2018, 10:42:45 am »

Exactly.

Let’s go back to ladders and buckets. Far cheaper.

There’s a balance to everything. 5k over 5-10 years etc plus £1000 a year in maintenance to make a working day “comfortable” to many is well worth it.

How does cleaning an extra £2k worth of properties a year just to stand still make your life more comfortable ? how bad would the windows you clean have to be to balance that sort of extra expense ?
Enjoy using what ever gimmick you need to get you though the day but dont try and make it sound sensible.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »
I bet most of us with diesel heaters earn a fair bit more a year than the average window cleaner and also have more in the bank overall so we must be doing something right! ;)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »

No.mines an on demand  hot water system so no need for tank insulation..

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2018, 01:01:00 pm »
I bet most of us with diesel heaters earn a fair bit more a year than the average window cleaner and also have more in the bank overall so we must be doing something right! ;)
you really can be a poop for brains sometimes  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2018, 01:20:17 pm »

Its true though.....most window cleaners I know just about scrape a living from window cleaning and drive about in old vans using cold water....window cleaning peasants!!!! ;D ;D

Matt.

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2018, 03:41:22 pm »
I don't have hot so just guna ask the question for those that might want it

Can u not just DI hot water out the tap into ur tank or fill the tank with hot and DI out

Can you di hot water ?

So if u have an external tap which runs hot water, you run hose to tank from the tap so the water in the tank is going to be hot, and then DI out as u use it.....

Would this not work guys

By the time it gets to your tank it'll be cold again!

NWH

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2018, 04:31:04 pm »
Dry clean 2k a year how much do you earn a week Does it take you a fair while to earn 2 k then does it lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 01:21:07 pm »
But perhaps the ‘ average window cleaner ‘ owns their own house, doesn’t have a van on tick, a brand new car on tick or a diesel heater on tick  :-X

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 05:28:59 pm »
But perhaps the ‘ average window cleaner ‘ owns their own house, doesn’t have a van on tick, a brand new car on tick or a diesel heater on tick  :-X

None of us ever own anything in reality matey......it's all just rented until we die..... :)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 05:38:52 pm »
Is it . And there’s me thinking I paid my mortgage off in January . And only using cold water to work with .  I had better phone the Halifax up and ask em if I can start paying rent on the house until I die .

SB Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2018, 05:39:06 pm »

Its true though.....most window cleaners I know just about scrape a living from window cleaning and drive about in old vans using cold water....window cleaning peasants!!!! ;D ;D
You were saying hot water was no better than cold before you got your all singing and dancing system Daz ;D

I've used hot and dont think it will earn anyone more money!!

Cold water is just fine ;)

Shrek

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2018, 05:49:49 pm »
Is it . And there’s me thinking I paid my mortgage off in January . And only using cold water to work with .  I had better phone the Halifax up and ask em if I can start paying rent on the house until I die .

Well done!! I bet that will be a great feeling - making that last payment  :)

Steven Biggs

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2018, 05:55:20 pm »
Sure was . And the only hot water I needed was in the home .