jo5hm4n

The cost of getting wet
« on: April 10, 2018, 06:42:22 pm »
Sorry but lots of you guys on here always moan when it's raining or bad weather day etc.

Today we got absolutely soaked for atleast first 4 hours of the day.  Like probably most wet i have been in last 2 years of cleaning.  somehow rain managed to get through 4 layers of clothing, including decent waterproofs.

That being said, we didn't give up had a quick break here and there and somehow managed an all time record day for turnover.  So for me, it was worth getting soaked, not that rain really phases me anyway.

So needless to say, sometimes when the weather is a bit rubbish, if you do actually get stuck in it's amazing how well you can actually do.

Just because we got stuck in today and smashed the work out despite the weather, it means we all get a day off this Friday.

Happy days!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Re: The cost of getting wet
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 07:03:28 pm »
Sorry but lots of you guys on here always moan when it's raining or bad weather day etc.

Today we got absolutely soaked for atleast first 4 hours of the day.  Like probably most wet i have been in last 2 years of cleaning.  somehow rain managed to get through 4 layers of clothing, including decent waterproofs.

That being said, we didn't give up had a quick break here and there and somehow managed an all time record day for turnover.  So for me, it was worth getting soaked, not that rain really phases me anyway.

So needless to say, sometimes when the weather is a bit rubbish, if you do actually get stuck in it's amazing how well you can actually do.

Just because we got stuck in today and smashed the work out despite the weather, it means we all get a day off this Friday.

Happy days!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ive been doing it for years.........customers get used to it too......
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 07:12:35 pm »
Ones have been fed up of all the snow weve had recently and not being able to work. Straight after the snow weve had all this rain, so if you dont work in it, your income is drastically hit! Your routine is also out the window!   This has forced many to have no choice but to work in the rain and hopefully many, like yourselves will realise that 1) you can and 2nd) the windows are actually OK and lastly that the customers DONT actually mind!

Well done. Last time i was out I got soaked and so this morning my first call was the local outside store to buy a new waterproof jacket n trousers.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:45:31 pm »
Personally i would rather had today off and worked friday , but thats just me  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 08:03:42 pm »
Personally i would rather had today off and worked friday , but thats just me  ;D

But what if friday is a sunny day, not bad to work in but great to have a day off on
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 11:33:05 pm »
Light rain all day here on sunday left everything absolutely filthy with red silt. Couldn't believe the mess it left on everything. Glad I wasn't working in that! Recon I would have had a few complaints.
Cleaned a conny roof this morning and the runoff was like mud.
That said, it's quite rare for rain to be that dirty.
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

GlassClean

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 12:54:00 am »

But what if friday is a sunny day, not bad to work in but great to have a day off on

But what if no-one gives a feck and doesn’t have OCD about what day the next fella chooses to work?

paul alan

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 07:15:42 am »
Nice 1 Josh, we got soaked too mate.

Was miserable weather yesterday in abergele. We must of done 35 houses yesterday and didn't get a single moaner.

It is April after all.

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 09:08:32 am »
LOL, I do find it funny that the guys who blow the most hot air on this subject are the ones with part time hours and no real need to ever work in heavy rain (20 or less for a few who I wont mention ) get away from CIU babble and you will find that most guys are able to avoid working in heavy rain or storms without  going bankrupt, in all the years Iv been doing this job Iv only noticed one guy cleaning in heavy rain  and to be honest he looked desperate and miserable.
As with everything there will be times when guys wont have a choice but to clean in all weather conditions, commercial work that needs to be cleaned at certain times would be one example but even then safety would have to be considered.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 09:24:28 am »
LOL, I do find it funny that the guys who blow the most hot air on this subject are the ones with part time hours and no real need to ever work in heavy rain (20 or less for a few who I wont mention ) get away from CIU babble and you will find that most guys are able to avoid working in heavy rain or storms without  going bankrupt, in all the years Iv been doing this job Iv only noticed one guy cleaning in heavy rain  and to be honest he looked desperate and miserable.
As with everything there will be times when guys wont have a choice but to clean in all weather conditions, commercial work that needs to be cleaned at certain times would be one example but even then safety would have to be considered.

i agree to a point sean......but if you want to keep on schedule even if you only work 25-30 hours a week then sometimes you will have to work in the rain IMO esp if you have other things planned.

eg.....if i have a gig with the band on a friday  night i dont want to be working on the saturday morning and i also want to be finishing early on the friday afternoon......so if we have 1 bad wet day in the week id rather work it to not after work a saturday...

im a bit light on work this week and could actually squeeze in the rest of my weeks work(after today)into a long day tomorrow but id rather do 2 half days and take it easy.....

its a lifestyle business for me this window cleaning game.......

i better get off to work as ive gotta church booked in for 10am. ;)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2018, 09:35:25 am »
If it rains we just shunt everything forward a day unless it's maybe shops or specific booked in jobs.

First cleans I might send an employee out in the rain or fascias & gutters but not residential windows.

It's miserable in the rain even in waterproofs I find.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 10:41:56 am »
You could always do enough on good days to not have to worry about the odd wet day,there’s not that many days I can’t work because of rain

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 03:11:10 pm »
Tis true, most of us who work 25-30 hours a week have plenty of time to avoid the rain.

I mean yesterday it chucked it down till 11am but was ok after, so I could have started at 11 at worked till 5 but something happens to me at 3pm it's like shut off switch, all my energy drains and mystical forces drive me home. So I'd rather just get wet for first 2 hours than have to stay out later.

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 04:00:55 pm »
also next week ive got 4 days work scheduled so i was going to have monday off and make it a nice 3 day weekend but my brand new golf GTD is getting delivered to my flat on tuesday so ill work monday and have tuesday off instead.....

what happens if it rains most of the day monday?will i sack it off and start wed and force myself to work a saturday that week?not a chance!ill keep to my schedule... 8)

i like to be home at the latest 4pm(usually its 3pm-330pm)so i can do my end of day jobs before tea(admin,purifying water,charging batteries etc).i also miss the rush hour traffic this way.....

im a creature of habit and im virtually on time with my work all year round.if i am late its usually only a week off schedule due to holidays.....

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 04:36:29 pm »
You guys make me laugh saying it looks desperate working in the rain.
😂😂😂😂😂

Did someone comment how its the part timers who work in the rain?  Doesnt that say something about the full timers who end up falling behind on their rounds and always running late because of the weather. Yet the part timers who work in the rain can still enjoy the days off that they choose and it aint usually on a wet day!,!
Yep that speaks volumes
Hahhaahah looking desperate, really.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2018, 05:12:06 pm »
😂😂😂😂😂

Did someone comment how its the part timers who work in the rain?  Doesnt that say something about the full timers who end up falling behind on their rounds and always running late because of the weather. Yet the part timers who work in the rain can still enjoy the days off that they choose and it aint usually on a wet day!,!
Yep that speaks volumes
I don’t get it either. It seems to be raining every day at the moment. That’s in the south! Fair enough the ones that say they are semi retired with no mortgages, but younger guys booking days off because of the forecast? I guess that’s why window cleaners have a work shy reputation.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2018, 06:42:00 pm »
If it rains we just shunt everything forward a day unless it's maybe shops or specific booked in jobs.

First cleans I might send an employee out in the rain or fascias & gutters but not residential windows.

It's miserable in the rain even in waterproofs I find.

but if shunting work forward a day means putting work onto next weeks work then it has a knock on effect next week....no thanks...id rather stick to my schedule and get a bit wet... ;D...then no loss of earnings.....no getting behind and your reputation as a reliable window cleaner stays intact! :)

...its surprising....customers get used to you cleaning in the rain and dont hardly mention it once you ve been doing it for years and years...often theres a brew and a biscuit waiting for you when youve finished too on some parts of your round.... ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 06:56:15 pm »
It's why I don't have a schedule as such. I love the freedom of a very loose schedule. I didn't become self employed, spend years refining- hammering prices up etc to work in p poor conditions!! That's for people who are employed!!

Don't become a slave to the money!!👍
Comfortably Numb!

Dry Clean

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »
😂😂😂😂😂

Yep that speaks volumes

No I said its the part timers on here who blow the most hot air when it comes to this subject, guys who work 15 hours a week
and still need to work in all weather conditions come to mind. lol.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2018, 07:18:39 pm »
It's why I don't have a schedule as such. I love the freedom of a very loose schedule. I didn't become self employed, spend years refining- hammering prices up etc to work in p poor conditions!! That's for people who are employed!!

Don't become a slave to the money!!👍

we re all slaves to money to a certain degree......i prefer rigid schedules to loose ones these days (although it wasnt always the case my friend! ;))