nathankaye

Re: New tax year.
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 11:11:28 am »
Once a year i write out my books and rule off each month. Then its a simple case of dating and if they pay, i write the amount and if they owe, i write a small "o".
Simples.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 01:48:02 pm »
Dude, you need some round software!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 02:35:47 pm »
I don't because I don't have a schedule!! I also know every job I have and it's price in my head- I just need to look in my diary to which is most over due!!👍
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 02:40:34 pm »
ive used both methods in my 25 years of window cleaning and having round software  is SO MUCH EASIER once you ve inputted all your customers(which is a ballache at first..... granted) ;D

EACH TO THEIR OWN but theres better,easier ways of doing things these days chaps......some of you are stuck in the dark ages.....im surprised you lads have even got a computer/laptop to log in on here with!! ;D ;D

oh and by the way until 2009 i couldnt even work a computer and i myself was stuck in the dark ages too........(before you lads start having a go at me!) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 03:02:04 pm »
Its all very good but if you dont keep a back up you can loose your data very fast, plus i dont like leaving too much of an electronical trace with all my business on.
Haha and im not that old either, I just think old school is sometimes more appropriate for my way of working.

Its a pain once a year to write out a  book, but thats it for the year then and for taxes, its just a simple case of adding the columns.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 06:42:50 pm »
I have a list of the properties I will clean today, will tick the box when cleaned and tick the box next to that when they have
paid, if only I could find something handier, lol.
I have something handier for you Sean, I just put a backward slash ( the opposite of this / ) on my worklist, then when they pay I add a line to the backward slash which in turn makes a tick. Only one tick per customer for me, sod having to make two ticks per customer ;D

Lee GLS

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 06:49:05 pm »
ive used both methods in my 25 years of window cleaning and having round software  is SO MUCH EASIER once you ve inputted all your customers(which is a ballache at first..... granted) ;D

EACH TO THEIR OWN but theres better,easier ways of doing things these days chaps......some of you are stuck in the dark ages.....im surprised you lads have even got a computer/laptop to log in on here with!! ;D ;D

oh and by the way until 2009 i couldnt even work a computer and i myself was stuck in the dark ages too........(before you lads start having a go at me!) ;D ;D

You are right, there are easier ways of doing things...like using a drill to wind in hose reels, or buying an electric reel, it is much easier than doing it by hand, but not everyone thinks it’s better do they Daz?!

Paper = hand winding

Cleaner planner = electric reel.

Get my point  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 06:51:06 pm »
Once a year i write out my books and rule off each month. Then its a simple case of dating and if they pay, i write the amount and if they owe, i write a small "o".
Simples.
Looks like a lot of scattered work there Nathan, I thought your work was all compact? Oh and is that an 8 quidder I see there ;D

p1w1

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2018, 06:58:01 pm »
I have a list of the properties I will clean today, will tick the box when cleaned and tick the box next to that when they have
paid, if only I could find something handier, lol.
I have something handier for you Sean, I just put a backward slash ( the opposite of this / ) on my worklist, then when they pay I add a line to the backward slash which in turn makes a tick. Only one tick per customer for me, sod having to make two ticks per customer ;D
thats similar to what i used to do / if they were done and made to an X when payment was made.

nathankaye

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 07:55:06 pm »
Simples.
Looks like a lot of scattered work there Nathan, I thought your work was all compact? Oh and is that an 8 quidder I see there ;D

;D i wasnt gonna show off n post my best work on here, whats the point if that.
This is some work which is on way (just round corner) to the compact work in two cul de sacs
Well done spotting the eight quid for a front clean
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 08:51:26 pm »
I dont use round software because i dont trust modern tech !
I have seen members on here having kittens when george or whatever crashes/doesnt back up , we have 1 desktop , 2 laptops , 5 tablets , 3 iphones , 1 samsung , so its not lack of tech  ;D

It boils down to my new found laid back approach , i take on what i want , get there when i want , charge em what i want  ;D

Good old diary and a pencil is all i need , its all backed up simply by looking 4 weeks previous , usually 28 pages back  ;D ;D ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 09:06:06 pm »
Ooops , spoke too soon , just clicked back to main board and i see a new topic , George problems   ;D ;D ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 09:09:30 pm »
I have seen members on here having kittens when george or whatever crashes/doesnt back up , we have 1 desktop , 2 laptops , 5 tablets , 3 iphones , 1 samsung , so its not lack of tech  ;D

It boils down to my new found laid back approach , i take on what i want , get there when i want , charge em what i want  ;D

Very true + the monthly payments how long does it take to print off the weeks work sheets . No fear of loosing or having dater hacked how often have people posted on hear about having issues with these software programmes yes it’s the latest way but as for time saving I don’t think there is much in it and you have piece of mind that it won’t get lost freeze or any other issues
Good old diary and a pencil is all i need , its all backed up simply by looking 4 weeks previous , usually 28 pages back  ;D ;D ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2018, 09:17:03 pm »
Mine are just done in MS Word. They are all there already, just have to move a few around to suit any particular week. Sometimes do them for 2 weeks at a time. I very rarely do more than 10 jobs in a day though- with many days less than that. Just quickly record each day in an A4 diary at the end of the day. All done in less time it takes Dazmond to wind his reel in!!👍
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2018, 09:33:55 pm »
^^^^ ;D ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2018, 09:38:42 pm »
I hope he dont buy one to be honest , you know how he is , first he will love it , then he will hate it , then it will be a waste of money , then it will be the best thing hes ever bought , apart from the L5 , L10 , Extreme , Extreme hybrid brush , brass elbow !

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Sorry Daz   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2018, 09:41:12 pm »

Very true + the monthly payments how long does it take to print off the weeks work sheets . No fear of loosing or having dater hacked how often have people posted on hear about having issues with these software programmes yes it’s the latest way but as for time saving I don’t think there is much in it and you have piece of mind that it won’t get lost freeze or any other issues

What does it cost for these life saving systems anyway , out of interest ??

G Griffin

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2018, 10:22:38 pm »
Is that a bit of Toby Carvery gravy on your book, Nathan?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2018, 10:28:41 pm »
I hope he dont buy one to be honest , you know how he is , first he will love it , then he will hate it , then it will be a waste of money , then it will be the best thing hes ever bought , apart from the L5 , L10 , Extreme , Extreme hybrid brush , brass elbow !

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Sorry Daz   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dont worry rich!i wont be buying one(unless i end up disabled!)...... ;D ;D

back on topic, round software has been as revolutionary as WFP and electronic payments in the window cleaning industry IMO for cutting down admin time,paper and ink and its far easier than pen and paper to keep track of earnings/debts and rescheduling work etc......you can also "see" your round in its entirety at any one time which is very handy....

i never thought id say it but having my work on my smartphone has been really great.....much better than messing about with a notepad.....
price higher/work harder!

GlassClean

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2018, 07:17:54 am »
What if you lose your pencil, you’re screwed then huh!