P @ F

First flyers for 6 years !
« on: March 31, 2018, 11:51:20 am »
Having not done flyers for the last 6 years I thought I would get some out again , its not aimed as a blanket drop , its purely for when you pass that odd house which looks grubby and will command a good price .
I dont want streets full of houses , just nice hand picked jobs that will enable me to shape the round into a more profitable run .

As much as I hate to admit it , I think my little moment of lunacy with pink paint and a spray gun did more harm than good !
It was picking up custom due to its quirky look but I think some people didnt take the biz seriously , I dont regret it but no real harm done eh  ;D

So these are my olds and news , hopefully I will get taken seriously again  :D

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

swanson

Re: First flyers for 6 years !
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 07:39:21 am »
They look a bit old fashion

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 09:35:23 am »
They look a bit old fashion
Thats because we are built on good old fashioned values and service  ;D
Not overly concerned about that , it says what I do clearly without baffling them with the science of WFP !
Thanks for the input though as what you have said is exactly the type of custie im after , as in not your spring chicken with the new build they cant really afford and the Audi on the never never  ;)

alank

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 02:39:28 pm »
They will do the job nicely. The best response I've had from flyers has been from using basic black and white home printed ones delivered by me to the properties that I want to try and get. In the past I've used professionally printed full colour etc my hit rate from flyers is very good using my basic stuff ;D

duncan h

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2018, 03:49:33 pm »
I think they are spot on. Simple but says the services you do. People see loads of pictures and bin them

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2018, 05:05:33 pm »
simple and straight to the point with no fluff.......

the best type of flyer IMO.......
price higher/work harder!

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 05:08:37 pm »
I found if you go over the top with super duper litho printed leaflets they just blend in with the endless Foxtons Crap and Dominos Pizza menus.

I have always found a simple, black and white flyer to work the best. And drop it at a different time to the usual stuff.

james peters

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2018, 06:03:45 pm »
I have found the same as above.
At the moment I am getting around 2 % results on mine, though I think that is because I am delivering them myself, and only targeting the type of work I want.
I do have my website address on mine . for some reason , as of late it seems to be the top of google search. im wondering if its due to hits from peoples searches after having a flyer.???
I have also found better results from printing on card which I buy from wilkos

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 06:12:36 pm »
Having not done flyers for the last 6 years I thought I would get some out again , its not aimed as a blanket drop , its purely for when you pass that odd house which looks grubby and will command a good price .
I dont want streets full of houses , just nice hand picked jobs that will enable me to shape the round into a more profitable run .

As much as I hate to admit it , I think my little moment of lunacy with pink paint and a spray gun did more harm than good !
It was picking up custom due to its quirky look but I think some people didnt take the biz seriously , I dont regret it but no real harm done eh  ;D

why o why did you get rid of the pink machine  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2018, 07:36:00 pm »

why o why did you get rid of the pink machine  ;D

Quite simply because i had it 12 years and the clutch was never needed , but it was starting to slip a little so i had a price of £1200 to get it done  :o :o :o :o , time to get rid i think , i got rid for £1200 which was 25% cost of the new van ..
And the damn clutch went on that !
Only cost me £100 though as i fitted it myself  :D

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »
Well i got the ball rolling with them today , I posted 2 today and got both jobs already !
1 was a £15 bungalow , the other a £12 house , both monthly  ;D
I also had an old custie grab me in the street as hes now in his new house which is one of 70 new builds , not really what im looking for as said earlier , but no harm in seeing what it leads to eh ! 

alank

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 07:56:27 pm »
100% hit rate that can't be bad can it ;D I've found some of the better new builds not bad if you target them selectively only going for the better quality. I've been putting flyers out on a nice small new build estate started with one of my existing customers moving on to it and it's currently at over £600 per month ;D

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2018, 09:06:11 pm »
100% hit rate that can't be bad can it ;D I've found some of the better new builds not bad if you target them selectively only going for the better quality. I've been putting flyers out on a nice small new build estate started with one of my existing customers moving on to it and it's currently at over £600 per month ;D
Yes well thats 2 of 100 printed , I bet i get sod all now from the other 98  ;D ;D
I did them myself on 6x4 gloss photo paper , worked out to 10p each as my usual cheapie shop had run out of 40 for 99p  >:(
The new build is a bit of a concern as there are lots of naff access jobs in the mix , not what im after !

alank

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2018, 09:38:00 pm »
Totally agree with you p@f  about the access issues on some jobs that's why I'm very selective about where I post my flyers and as I'm getting older I've learned to say no more often to walk ups, friends of existing customers etc basically now if I don't want it I leave it ;D

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2018, 10:57:57 pm »
Leaflets look good. I think you may need a space after all the commas.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2018, 01:44:21 am »
I tried but the only way to do it was to make the font smaller , looked more gash !

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2018, 08:17:15 am »
I tried but the only way to do it was to make the font smaller , looked more gash !
make your margins wider the lines on top and below are wider.

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 09:57:20 am »
OOPS ,  ;D
It seems to have worked this time , it must have been having a paddy when i first tried , looks a lot better now  :D
But the first 100 will have to go out as they are , im not binning them at 10p each  ;D

p1w1

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2018, 04:28:43 pm »
OOPS ,  ;D
It seems to have worked this time , it must have been having a paddy when i first tried , looks a lot better now  :D
But the first 100 will have to go out as they are , im not binning them at 10p each  ;D
P@F i know us window cleaners are tight but you should be on the "have you won an award thread" for tightest window cleaner UK ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »
OOPS ,  ;D
P@F i know us window cleaners are tight but you should be on the "have you won an award thread" for tightest window cleaner UK ;D ;D

Watch the pennies lad , and the pounds will look after themselves  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I blame my old man for my ability to squeak when i walk  ;D