g.brookes

Which hose reel guíde system?
« on: July 25, 2022, 10:44:15 am »
How do, looks like I'm finally biting the bullet and getting an electric hose reel.
Which pulley system is the best?
Seems to be between the pure freedom reel mast extension arm, or the window cleaning warehouse hd pulley system.

Anyone have experience of them?
Seems to me the pure freedom one looks most practical, but you have to leave the back open and takes up a lot of space if parking is an issue.
Whereas the HD pulley seems the best design and you can lock you doors, but seeing as a big benefit for me is avoiding bending over as much, having to reach under the van every time would be very annoying, especially when changing angles from front to back and I've got images of it getting stuck under my wheels all the time.
Thanks chaps.

Jonny 87

Re: Which hose reel guíde system?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 12:36:53 pm »
We use the hd rollers, but never reach under the van at each job. Just connect the hose up at the start of the day and trap the hose in the doors at the back when you move from job to job.

We wouldn’t work any other way now.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

g.brookes

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 01:39:16 pm »
Oh ok. So you connect it to your pole hose and then just squeeze that in the doors? Do you ever have problems with I getting stuck on the tyres? For example if you finish on a house that's in front of the van.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2022, 05:33:21 pm »
My issue with an arm such as pure freedom one is that it isnt long enough to clear the rear doors so its just useless.

Ive seen some people used a hinged arm that folds out and has a bend in it to allow it to be operated under the rear doors, dont think theres anything like that on the market you would have to fabricate something.

Rob.Hall

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2022, 08:16:28 pm »

Easiest way to get around corners.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2022, 09:19:39 pm »
Oh ok. So you connect it to your pole hose and then just squeeze that in the doors? Do you ever have problems with I getting stuck on the tyres? For example if you finish on a house that's in front of the van.

Yeah it can at times get snagged on the wheel if I’m having to go infront of the van. I try and park accordingly though.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 07:25:38 am »

The only thing that really pees me off is where the hose rubs on the body of the van when pulling the hose out , it completely ruins the paintwork down to the metal.
Pure freedom for the win though , trap your hose in between the doors if needed

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 08:02:02 am »

[/
The only thing that really pees me off is where the hose rubs on the body of the van when pulling the hose out , it completely ruins the paintwork down to the metal.
Pure freedom for the win though , trap your hose in between the doors if needed

We have floor rollers in all our vans works very well no having to leave doors open, or trap the hose in them working in front of the van isn’t difficult if you think about what you are doing.  Also the hose is much lower to the ground so less of a trip hazard as the bit ware it comes out of the van floor is under the van out of the way .