irjones

Which is the best bank?
« on: June 17, 2005, 12:03:21 pm »
I bank with natwest @ moment but wondering wich bank is best for  Small business'sany ideas
Many thanks Iain
ir jones

MWCS

Re: Banks
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:12:41 pm »
I've just opened a business account with Barclays, get 18 months free banking and the business manager there was very helpful.

irjones

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 12:18:10 pm »
Can I ask did you get a business loan to get you started
I don't mean to be nosey just wondering as thats what i could do with
Many thanks Iain
ir jones

irjones

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 12:21:36 pm »
mwcs How long have you been going and are you trad of wfp
Many thanks Iain
ir jones

MWCS

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 12:39:21 pm »
I've been working for myself for 9 months and i use the trad way for now (WFP very soon). I asked about a business loan so i could invest in a wfp but the bank said if i can provide half the amount needed then they'd match the other half after I've run my account succesfully for 6-9 months. I'm applying to the princes trust for a start up loan and the job centre offer a start up enterprise grant/loan.  Might be worth looking into them.

giftedk

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 10:22:53 pm »
None their all thieving swines who dont encourage small businesses.  The only advice i could give you would to be go with a bank for a year and get your free banking, then keep changing banks every year.
 It may be a bit of hassle but thats what i do, saves being robbed of your own hard earnt money which your taxed on anyway.

simbag

Re: Which is the best bank?
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 04:13:39 pm »
I spent a while looking for a bank that would meet my needs, and I came across A&L, they have 2 accounts available, 1 for new start ups, and 1 for those changing banks, depending on the account chosen, you get a minimum of 12 months free banking, with no limits on how many deposits you make.
Also as its A&L you pay your money into the Post Office, which is ideal for me, as it means I can pay money in on my way home from work, rather than having to take a detour to the nearest town.

http://www.alliance-leicestercommercialbank.co.uk/content/SB000001.asp