Re: WHICH IS THE BEST DETERGENT/SOAP??
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2009, 03:19:46 pm »
From my experience both GG3/4 are useless unless you add half a gallon to your bucket, no slip at all & this makes a mess. However it does leave a nice gleam/shine on the glass so what I've done for the last couple of years is use the stated dose of GG3 & then add some squeegee off for slip. best of both world, very easy to use & top results! ;)

Using pure water trad makes no difference at all IMO, after all, it's only pure untill the first time you dip your applicator back in it. I've seen people on here go on about what a big difference it makes to trad cleaning, it don't, I think it's more in the head!

Tony
I dont agree with you at all Tony, there had to be one lol.

I have a trad guy comes to me and gets water all the time, he swears by it and hes in his late 50's been window cleaner a long time so I guess there are always 2 sides to one story  ;)

It's all in the head mate, same as wfp leaves glass cleaner for longer- do a test on your own windows, it ain't true one bit. I've tested this theory in many situations, maybe with fairy (don't use that anymore) but with GG/S/OFF there is no difference what so ever! both pains dirty at the same rate!

Tony
wfp does leave windows cleaner for longer, if the trad guy is using fairy that is a fact, using gg4/3 larlarlar then it is not noticable but there is still a difference, think logically, use nothing there is nothing for dirt to stick to, leave something it has something to stick to. it is used as a sellin tool for I would say over 70% of trad cleaners as they use fairy, I used to use it myself, only went I leant more I changed, some dont like learning as they think they know it all and I am not going to try and change peoples mind, but I will say what I think is true or false. That was not an attack on you there by the way fella.

There is a difference between FACT & a selling tool. I use the selling tool myself. There is a wet window for any air-born paricles to stick to for one example & if the glass beads + damp air at this time of year the glass stays wet for hours!

It is a good selling tool, It's just bent out of all proportion. ;)

Tony
still true though, otherwise no wfp cleaner would say it as they would be lying would they not.

tonyoliver

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:59 pm »
fairy does the hands in mines 1.99 a gal from the cash and carry

macmac

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 11:01:45 pm »
From my experience both GG3/4 are useless unless you add half a gallon to your bucket, no slip at all & this makes a mess. However it does leave a nice gleam/shine on the glass so what I've done for the last couple of years is use the stated dose of GG3 & then add some squeegee off for slip. best of both world, very easy to use & top results! ;)

Using pure water trad makes no difference at all IMO, after all, it's only pure untill the first time you dip your applicator back in it. I've seen people on here go on about what a big difference it makes to trad cleaning, it don't, I think it's more in the head!

Tony
I dont agree with you at all Tony, there had to be one lol.

I have a trad guy comes to me and gets water all the time, he swears by it and hes in his late 50's been window cleaner a long time so I guess there are always 2 sides to one story  ;)

It's all in the head mate, same as wfp leaves glass cleaner for longer- do a test on your own windows, it ain't true one bit. I've tested this theory in many situations, maybe with fairy (don't use that anymore) but with GG/S/OFF there is no difference what so ever! both pains dirty at the same rate!

Tony
wfp does leave windows cleaner for longer, if the trad guy is using fairy that is a fact, using gg4/3 larlarlar then it is not noticable but there is still a difference, think logically, use nothing there is nothing for dirt to stick to, leave something it has something to stick to. it is used as a sellin tool for I would say over 70% of trad cleaners as they use fairy, I used to use it myself, only went I leant more I changed, some dont like learning as they think they know it all and I am not going to try and change peoples mind, but I will say what I think is true or false. That was not an attack on you there by the way fella.

There is a difference between FACT & a selling tool. I use the selling tool myself. There is a wet window for any air-born paricles to stick to for one example & if the glass beads + damp air at this time of year the glass stays wet for hours!

It is a good selling tool, It's just bent out of all proportion. ;)

Tony
still true though, otherwise no wfp cleaner would say it as they would be lying would they not.

Yep, that's why it's easier to just go along with the myth. ;)

newclean

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2009, 06:21:59 am »
I use GG 3

:) :) :) :)