mattywig

WHICH IS THE BEST DETERGENT/SOAP??
« on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:30 pm »
Ive bought GLASS GLEAM 4 by TITAN and it costs 5 times as much as fairy but makes huge claims as to being far superior to any other detergent.  Used it today and my squeegee was sticking like never before and it seemed like using yesterdays water that had gone flat.  Has anyone tried it or other detergents and are they superior to good old fairy?

Re: WHICH IS THE BEST DETERGENT/SOAP??
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:06 pm »
Ive bought GLASS GLEAM 4 by TITAN and it costs 5 times as much as fairy but makes huge claims as to being far superior to any other detergent.  Used it today and my squeegee was sticking like never before and it seemed like using yesterdays water that had gone flat.  Has anyone tried it or other detergents and are they superior to good old fairy?
gg4 takes time to get used to, gg3 has more slip, squeege off is also good.

what I found best with gg4 is how clean the windows were when I went back the next time, a tip to get more slide is to add a little more than they say  ;) I have and still use gg4 with no problems

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 07:51:18 pm »
 Try Squeegee off always get loads of suds.

foxy

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:06:04 pm »
i use gg4, you don't need suds in the water. you have enough in if when you use a sponge you get foam. it takes some getting used to. don't know why your rubber is sticking more; is it a new rubber? what size squedgee are you using? i try to use hard unger rubber in a 22" unger channel and it sticks and skips when the rubber is first changed and when i use soft rubber. it is worth sticking with gg4 imo. you do not need to use as much as with fairy, the suds don't do anything to clean the glass.
traditional cleaner, shop windows and some pubs.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 08:28:36 pm »
customers like to see suds  ;D ;D
Customers like to see out of there windows, god your a slow learner  ::)
people like to see suds in there washing up bowl  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 08:32:09 pm »
Like Ian says (Coz he knows everything :)  )   GG4 does take some getting used to. It's the lack of slip for the blade. The results are excellent though. Yes add more than they say.

I used Squeegee off and found it was also excellent and easier to get used to than GG4 coz there is better slip and a few SUDS :)

The ultimate for trad cleaning is to use Pure water and GG3 (GG3 is for soft water). I swear if you are any good with a squeegee the results are fabulous and you won't need to do any detailing.

You can buy a small RO for about £50 ish quid. If I was still cleaning and trad only after using pure for trad cleaning i would get one to make my water and stick it into a 25 litre barrel for the day mixed with GG3. For those trad cleaners in moderate to hard water areas it would be the best 50 quid you ever spent.  :)

Andrew

pjulk

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 08:42:08 pm »
I don't think you can beat fairy.

The next best thing is squeegie off.

I have tried them all and use squeegie off when i do traditional.
If i was 100% traditional i would have stuck with fairy

macmac

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 08:48:51 pm »
From my experience both GG3/4 are useless unless you add half a gallon to your bucket, no slip at all & this makes a mess. However it does leave a nice gleam/shine on the glass so what I've done for the last couple of years is use the stated dose of GG3 & then add some squeegee off for slip. best of both world, very easy to use & top results! ;)

Using pure water trad makes no difference at all IMO, after all, it's only pure untill the first time you dip your applicator back in it. I've seen people on here go on about what a big difference it makes to trad cleaning, it don't, I think it's more in the head!

Tony

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:52:19 pm »
From my experience both GG3/4 are useless unless you add half a gallon to your bucket, no slip at all & this makes a mess. However it does leave a nice gleam/shine on the glass so what I've done for the last couple of years is use the stated dose of GG3 & then add some squeegee off for slip. best of both world, very easy to use & top results! ;)

Using pure water trad makes no difference at all IMO, after all, it's only pure untill the first time you dip your applicator back in it. I've seen people on here go on about what a big difference it makes to trad cleaning, it don't, I think it's more in the head!

Tony
I dont agree with you at all Tony, there had to be one lol.

I have a trad guy comes to me and gets water all the time, he swears by it and hes in his late 50's been window cleaner a long time so I guess there are always 2 sides to one story  ;)

macmac

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 09:06:15 pm »

Tony

I have a trad guy comes to me and gets water all the time, he swears by it and hes in his late 50's been window cleaner a long time so I guess there are always 2 sides to one story  ;)

It's all in the head mate, same as wfp leaves glass cleaner for longer- do a test on your own windows, it ain't true one bit. I've tested this theory in many situations, maybe with fairy (don't use that anymore) but with GG/S/OFF there is no difference what so ever! both pains dirty at the same rate!

Tony

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 09:11:14 pm »

Tony

It's all in the head mate, same as wfp leaves glass cleaner for longer- do a test on your own windows, it ain't true one bit. I've tested this theory in many situations, maybe with fairy (don't use that anymore) but with GG/S/OFF there is no difference what so ever! both pains dirty at the same rate!

Tony
wfp does leave windows cleaner for longer, if the trad guy is using fairy that is a fact, using gg4/3 larlarlar then it is not noticable but there is still a difference, think logically, use nothing there is nothing for dirt to stick to, leave something it has something to stick to. it is used as a sellin tool for I would say over 70% of trad cleaners as they use fairy, I used to use it myself, only went I leant more I changed, some dont like learning as they think they know it all and I am not going to try and change peoples mind, but I will say what I think is true or false. That was not an attack on you there by the way fella.

macmac

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 09:27:14 pm »

Tony

Tony
wfp does leave windows cleaner for longer, if the trad guy is using fairy that is a fact, using gg4/3 larlarlar then it is not noticable but there is still a difference, think logically, use nothing there is nothing for dirt to stick to, leave something it has something to stick to. it is used as a sellin tool for I would say over 70% of trad cleaners as they use fairy, I used to use it myself, only went I leant more I changed, some dont like learning as they think they know it all and I am not going to try and change peoples mind, but I will say what I think is true or false. That was not an attack on you there by the way fella.

There is a difference between FACT & a selling tool. I use the selling tool myself. There is a wet window for any air-born paricles to stick to for one example & if the glass beads + damp air at this time of year the glass stays wet for hours!

It is a good selling tool, It's just bent out of all proportion. ;)

Tony

mattywig

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »
I paid £8 for a bottle of it and didn't notice any more gleam on the glass think I'll go back to fairy for 99p unless there's any other benefits Im missing out on? The writing on the gg4 bottle promised me the world Im gutted.

johns window kleen

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »
I ve used squegee off, GG3/4, and came to the conclusion that Fairy was the better bet, simply on price, if you dont overdo the mix then you dont  have an excess of suds anyway. Use pure water and a tiny drop of Fairy, get a result just as good as any overpriced gimmicky cleaning agents IMO. ;D

brett walker

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 11:15:36 pm »
squeegy off or fairy for trad  8)

brett

matt

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

Tony

Tony

There is a difference between FACT & a selling tool. I use the selling tool myself. There is a wet window for any air-born paricles to stick to for one example & if the glass beads + damp air at this time of year the glass stays wet for hours!

It is a good selling tool, It's just bent out of all proportion. ;)

Tony

isnt that the truth

it sounds great, they stay cleaner for longer

now ive been years doing WFP upstairs and Trad downstairs

recently i have started to do it all with WFP, i used the old , they stay cleaner for longer, so its all good

a fair % said they couldnt tell the difference between up and down stairs for all the years i have done it, even though " they stay cleaner for longer "

sorry

foxy

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 02:32:30 pm »
Like Ian says (Coz he knows everything :)  )   GG4 does take some getting used to. It's the lack of slip for the blade. The results are excellent though. Yes add more than they say.

I used Squeegee off and found it was also excellent and easier to get used to than GG4 coz there is better slip and a few SUDS :)

The ultimate for trad cleaning is to use Pure water and GG3 (GG3 is for soft water). I swear if you are any good with a squeegee the results are fabulous and you won't need to do any detailing.

You can buy a small RO for about £50 ish quid. If I was still cleaning and trad only after using pure for trad cleaning i would get one to make my water and stick it into a 25 litre barrel for the day mixed with GG3. For those trad cleaners in moderate to hard water areas it would be the best 50 quid you ever spent.  :)

Andrew

what is an RO?

steven ainger

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 02:36:02 pm »
reverse osmosis,  water purifier

Tosh

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:37 pm »
2nd best is the good old green stuff.

foxy

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:27 pm »
thanks