backpack
17.9%
7 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

peter holley

which is quickest on small - medium domestic
« on: May 05, 2008, 07:48:27 pm »
as the question says

i use van mount 500 ltres and a wcw backpack, and i know some of you use two or all three of the above....

obviously a van mount is best on commercial and large domestic,,,,but what do you lot prefer as the quickest on small to medium domestic (by medium i mean a 4 bed detached with a conservatory)

kris martin

Re: which is quickest on small - medium domestic
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:50 pm »
van mount would be far too much of a ball ache for my small to medium domestic...

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 08:32:12 pm »
van mount would be far too much of a ball ache for my small to medium domestic...

Trust me when I say this Van mount is the best option, I had a right ball ache today with barrels etc and a trolley would have just made it worse. Backpack thats smaller than a 25l barrel so I cant see me going there after today.

My thoughts:

van mount: take out pole and hose, switch on system walk and away you go.

barrels/trolley take out barrel unscrew lid attach to trolley get out pole do half house back to get another barrel screw lid on first take off second back to cleaning (ball ache)

Back pack take out take out pole clean windows till run out, back to fill up screw lid back on barrel walk back to house start cleaning and maybe do this again (more of a ball ache)IF YOU HAVE A BIG TANK IN VAN WHY HAVE THE BACK PACK.

I think that sums it up.

Ian

kris martin

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 08:45:57 pm »
you can get a barrel to last an hour you would just keep on having to move your van....

peter holley

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 09:28:22 pm »
my pump packed in a few weeks ago...and i had to use my back pack ay for 4 days  >:( :o

i prefer van mount on 80% domestic...but i have to say that a back pack is a handy tool to have.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 10:47:31 pm »
i use all 3 and the wcw backpack was the best thing ive got it dont half save time on these type of jobs i luv it , ian youve got too used to your van mount its like having your legs cut off  ;D
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 10:48:27 pm »
i use all 3 and the wcw backpack was the best thing ive got it dont half save time on these type of jobs i luv it , ian youve got too used to your van mount its like having your legs cut off  ;D
I would say legs and one arm :'(

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 10:52:50 pm »
its not that bad ian you will have it back soon , i think you got it too easy  ;D
where theres muck theres money

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2008, 06:54:00 am »
Surely every job is different, A 4 bed house with a good drive to park on and side access is different to a 4 bed terraced town house with no parking and double yellow lines outside?

With the right conditions a van mount is wonderful but it doesn't suit all jobs.

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 09:38:06 am »
Van mount is best for virtually all work in my opinion, I have a backpack but can't remember the last time I could be bothered to lug it out of the van!!

MJH

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2008, 03:20:01 pm »
you can get a barrel to last an hour you would just keep on having to move your van....
a barrel an hour, how much do you use per house???

groundhog

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 07:25:41 pm »

On a housing estate I clean, I can sometimes manage to do 16 houses with my van mount without having to move the van!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2008, 07:30:16 pm »
a barrel an hour, how much do you use per house???
A barrel an hor I need lessons from you, I am using a barrel every about 20 mins and thats slow working

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2008, 07:54:57 pm »
You don`t need lessons from anyone,i would argue it can`t be done you can clean loads of window`s in an hour and you would use far more than 1 25ltr barrel.

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2008, 08:09:02 pm »
You don`t need lessons from anyone,i would argue it can`t be done you can clean loads of window`s in an hour and you would use far more than 1 25ltr barrel.
Was thinking that myself m8  ;)

L.J.Thorpe

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2008, 10:50:35 pm »
not wanting to be a smartarse mate but your posts say you have not been wfp very long,like less than a month,if you can make a barrrell last an hour then you aint rinsing enough
lots of people try to skimp on the water when they start out
BIG no no :(
you could get problems using such a small amount of water

Rob.Hall

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 10:53:57 pm »
I used a trolley with 25lt drums.

Not today!

Got myself some 6mm a tank and off I went.

I just cant believe how I never switched over to this ages ago.

No turning back for me. Van mount all the way.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2008, 11:05:14 pm »
not wanting to be a smartarse mate but your posts say you have not been wfp very long,like less than a month,if you can make a barrrell last an hour then you aint rinsing enough
lots of people try to skimp on the water when they start out
BIG no no :(
you could get problems using such a small amount of water
That statement that he made is an absolute joke,i`d like to see anyone prove that.A backpack on setting 2 lasts 24mins tops and that`s as we know is 18ltrs,when using my vanmount and cleaning window`s properly and quickly i would use double the backpack amount of water in the same 24mins and would be more confident that it was doing a good job.Some forget i think that it`s not all about saving water when cleaning window`s WFP,in my opinion using more water does a much better job even on regular cleans,i never scrimp on water if i can help it.