dd

Re: Which hot water system
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2017, 10:33:14 pm »
also i dont want to mess about having to  put a heater in my van  during cold nights anymore or having to charge my batteries every night.i can now literally come home from work.purify my water in 40 mins then leave til the morning. 8)
In view of the low mileage you do and now regularly using a diesel heater, I would strongly recommend charging your batteries every night.

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2017, 11:19:02 pm »
also i dont want to mess about having to  put a heater in my van  during cold nights anymore or having to charge my batteries every night.i can now literally come home from work.purify my water in 40 mins then leave til the morning. 8)
In view of the low mileage you do and now regularly using a diesel heater, I would strongly recommend charging your batteries every night.

the vans done 175 miles today so i think the batteries will be fine for tomorrows work!but ill keep an eye on the batteries next week.ill be running my engine for approx an hour a day.is that not enough to charge the batteries?bearing in mind im using a b to b smart charger and 2 numax 105 ah batteries?...we ll see......cheers dd
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 05:47:49 pm »
Daz, if you only do around 4000 miles a year why is your engine running for an hour a day?

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 09:54:29 pm »
Daz, if you only do around 4000 miles a year why is your engine running for an hour a day?

15 mins to work and back and 30 mins for lunch with engine running to keep warm at this time of year. In summer I'll often do the same but with the  air con on instead of the heater.
price higher/work harder!