dazmond

Re: Which hot water system
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2017, 07:32:19 am »
In am working with grippa on my batteries as my two supplied are only lasting 3 to 4  hours before killing the batteries.  Mine are fully charged via plug during the night.

have you not got a smart split relay fitted mate?

No as I have the new trafic and at the time of fitting my tank and charger they were not recommended.  On cold my other battery lasted days on one charge.     I think the new battery may be faulty as it also seems to discharge when not in use too.   I have not used the frost protection yet so that's not the reason

could your battery charger be dodgy or not charging the batteries up properly?
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 07:33:40 am »
If your on a large job like a school or compact area the relay won't charge anyway unless you leave engine running.  I guess that just helps you top up anyway.

I don't mind plugging my van in each night to fully charge batteries. That's what.i have already have done in the past.

Just teething problems so sure it will be fixed soon.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 07:37:54 am »
In am working with grippa on my batteries as my two supplied are only lasting 3 to 4  hours before killing the batteries.  Mine are fully charged via plug during the night.

have you not got a smart split relay fitted mate?

No as I have the new trafic and at the time of fitting my tank and charger they were not recommended.  On cold my other battery lasted days on one charge.     I think the new battery may be faulty as it also seems to discharge when not in use too.   I have not used the frost protection yet so that's not the reason

could your battery charger be dodgy or not charging the batteries up properly?

No. It charges fine. Never missed a beat before (charger is a grippa one installed on the van). It fully charges batteries ok and the voltage reading shows fully charged.   The battery charger reports chsrged too. Then it quickly goes down during use.

But I am no expert though.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 07:48:22 am »
i reckon your going to have no end of trouble without getting a smart charger fitted to help top up your batteries as you work.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 08:47:53 am »
Batteries can go bad with the cold. My leisure battery has been fine up until the recent frosts. Now it's rubbish, having to charge it every night when before it was every other night.

Could buy a new one I suppose. ££££

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 01:22:46 pm »

Something drastically wrong there what amps hour batteries do you have ? Mine has best part of 400 amps and only needs charging after 20 + hours use

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2017, 01:52:47 pm »
Thanks. Think i have it sorted with the help of Oliver.  In think i can put it down to the cold snap the reason mine dropped so quick.  Today has been much better so far so fingers crossed.

I probably was a bit paranoid when it started to drop so fast and going back to cold to save battery.  I left it on today and seemed to stabilise after it dropped again..

Oliver told me the reading on the controller drops the voltage reading straight away when the burner is on..leaning curve for me.

I will need to still charge it every night but that's was to be expected anyway.  So long as it lasts the day for me I will be chuffed.

It should be all ok. Thanks to Oliver again.

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 07:20:44 am »
Thanks. Think i have it sorted with the help of Oliver.  In think i can put it down to the cold snap the reason mine dropped so quick.  Today has been much better so far so fingers crossed.

I probably was a bit paranoid when it started to drop so fast and going back to cold to save battery.  I left it on today and seemed to stabilise after it dropped again..

Oliver told me the reading on the controller drops the voltage reading straight away when the burner is on..leaning curve for me.

I will need to still charge it every night but that's was to be expected anyway.  So long as it lasts the day for me I will be chuffed.

It should be all ok. Thanks to Oliver again.

how are you getting on with the heater paul?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 07:25:10 am »
Hi Daz.

Really impressed with it mate. Hope yours goes well to bud.  The Batterries has seemed to settle down much better the last few days too.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 07:35:05 am »
Hi Daz.

Really impressed with it mate. Hope yours goes well to bud.  The Batterries has seemed to settle down much better the last few days too.

hopefully they will be able to fix  the fuel issue today.

andyM

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2017, 08:42:27 am »
Good news!
Looks like it is going to warm up next week so you won't need those expensive Hot Water set ups after all.
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2017, 01:47:40 pm »
Good news!
Looks like it is going to warm up next week so you won't need those expensive Hot Water set ups after all.

grippa are dropping off my van in the next hour or so.ill be using the heater every day!no point spending all that money and just using it when its freezing cold outside. :)

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2017, 03:18:18 pm »
Nice one Daz.

Wonder how Slacky is getting on ?

I did a gutters and fascia job this afternoon.  Wow...did it in half the time using hot and the results were fab.   It was a doddle rather than a ball ache  ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2017, 03:37:08 pm »
Good news!

grippa are dropping off my van in the next hour or so.ill be using the heater every day!no point spending all that money and just using it when its freezing cold outside. :)
Why do you want to use it every day when you stated that hot wasn't any quicker?

p1w1

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
Good news!

Why do you want to use it every day when you stated that hot wasn't any quicker?
That was a month ago..hot will be quicker now and will be able to melt concrete off the glass if needed and upvc cleans wont even need scrubbing now and not forgetting the 3-4 days snow we have every 4 years were it just melts that snow off the ledges resulting in it paying for itself within the month  ;D.
However it is another tool to have when needed i suppose. Having looked  into the diesel heaters myself i just can't convince myself it's worth it (the initial outlay and continuous running costs). If you are mainly commercial where frequency is a lot less and you do lots of 1 offs then i see the benefits but day to day monthly domestic i just don't see any true need for it.
It also seems to vary between users you have some say it doesnt make you quicker just nice to have and some saying they now  do jobs in half the time.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:52 pm »
Good news!

That was a month ago..hot will be quicker now and will be able to melt concrete off the glass if needed and upvc cleans wont even need scrubbing now and not forgetting the 3-4 days snow we have every 4 years were it just melts that snow off the ledges resulting in it paying for itself within the month  ;D.
However it is another tool to have when needed i suppose. Having looked  into the diesel heaters myself i just can't convince myself it's worth it (the initial outlay and continuous running costs). If you are mainly commercial where frequency is a lot less and you do lots of 1 offs then i see the benefits but day to day monthly domestic i just don't see any true need for it.
It also seems to vary between users you have some say it doesnt make you quicker just nice to have and some saying they now  do jobs in half the time.

hot water is just more comfortable to use than cold water whatever the time of year plus i have a lot of longer frequency cleans these days (some are like first cleans every time their due!).its bound to help.

its mainly to make my working day a little bit more pleasant mate. :)

warm,supple hoses at this time of year is heaven ;D

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2017, 05:34:59 pm »
also i dont want to mess about having to  put a heater in my van  during cold nights anymore or having to charge my batteries every night.i can now literally come home from work.purify my water in 40 mins then leave til the morning. 8)

p1w1

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:19 pm »
Good news!

hot water is just more comfortable to use than cold water whatever the time of year plus i have a lot of longer frequency cleans these days (some are like first cleans every time their due!).its bound to help.

Yeah just messing with your change of minds every 5 mins mate ;D. At the end of the day if its what you or anyone wants then why not , i may change my mind by next year  ;D once i get my grippa tank fitted to my new van.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2017, 05:54:27 pm »
Good news!

I'd love a hot water system Daz. It sounds great this weather. I just haven't got that sort of money to spend & don't wanna go down the gas heater or immersion route. Fair play to you though. It sounds great.

G & M

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2017, 08:43:01 pm »
I have a hot box which I rarely use so I'm looking into modifying it to heat the water in a static system.  What I want to do is purify the water into a 1000ltr  ibc tank and transfer from there to another insulated ibc tank via the hot box and pump it to the vans from there.  If I ever need the hot box for power washing I will simply disconnect it and take it off to the job I need it for.
Any ideas, suggestions or possible problems welcome.