Sir Squeaky

Which hose?
« on: March 26, 2016, 10:09:24 am »
Morning all...
Besides ordering an SLX-22 which I'm looking forward to, I need a new hose.
My 8 year old microbore has split too many times now  ;D

Was just going to order another microbore, but I see a lot of people using that orange hot water hose.
Is there any benefit to a cold water user...?

AuRavelling79

Re: Which hose?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 10:22:19 am »
Morning all...
Besides ordering an SLX-22 which I'm looking forward to, I need a new hose.
My 8 year old microbore has split too many times now  ;D

Was just going to order another microbore, but I see a lot of people using that orange hot water hose.
Is there any benefit to a cold water user...?

I don't think so. A few on here have tried using just pole hose on their reel or 50 -60 metres of microbore then 50m of pole hose. They think it is lighter and easier to throw about but the jury is out on longevity.

I've just done an experiment where I have added 30m of pole hose to my existing microbore (after chopping 30 m off the microbore (the most worn 30m of course). I've been running this for a week and it seems much lighter and easier I have to say. Nothing to lose really if you keep your existing pole hose and just chop off the most worn bit.

Anyway what have you done with Tosh? I guess he got fed up and we haven't seen him on here since the new year. Either he is painting pylons or fallen off the waggon are some possibilities unless you know better.

I was over your side of the river yesterday for a walk along the Wye cliffs by the Lancaut peninsula - never been there before - cracking!
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 10:47:04 am »
Hi Malc.

I've got no plans to have any length of pole hose, just want to know if there's a difference in the orange reel hose that's all.
I'm happy enough to just order the standard one if not.
As I've used modular poles since the start I've always had the clear pole hose outside the pole, and don't have any twisting issues until it gets really well used.
I've read a lot on here about pole hose irritations, so hope I'm not walking into a nightmare with that...

Don't know what's up with Tosh... I still see him about every week, but haven't spoken to him for a few months.
Always seems in a rush anyway, or maybe just doesn't want to talk to me... ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 11:00:11 am »
Ah I see; no I meant that on the reel you have 50m of microbore and 50m of pole hose instead of 100m of microbore. Works well but I don't know how long the pole hose will last used as reel hose.

But if you are cold then I see no advantage to thermobore. Others may know differently though.

Oh well at least Tosh is OK. I hear he is posting on faceache or wherever. Perhaps he's busy because Helen has gone pylon painting (he was on about that at one point) and left the round to him!
It's a game of three halves!