Paul erithwc

which hose reels best for external van ports
« on: May 31, 2015, 03:05:27 pm »
I'm going to fit van ports to my van and want to get a new reel with 50m of hose

what's the best one to get their quite a few out there i'm not sure if a reel with wheels will be more stable than one without i don't want it falling over all the time.

Thanks Paul

Spruce

Re: which hose reels best for external van ports
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 10:06:24 pm »
I'm going to fit van ports to my van and want to get a new reel with 50m of hose

what's the best one to get their quite a few out there i'm not sure if a reel with wheels will be more stable than one without i don't want it falling over all the time.

Thanks Paul

We have only had the 'petal' side reels with wheels on 3 vans.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STANDARD-METAL-HOSE-REEL-WITH-WHEELS-/251289883119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a820b51ef

They have always been stable. We have used them with 100 meter minibore hose. 1is 9 years old, the second is 8 years old and the 3rd is 3 1/2 years old - no issues apart from paint coming off.

The beauty about these reels is that you can always wheel them out to your starting  point, tie the hose off, and then wheel the reel back to your van. This is especially helpful if you have to get your hose around numerous wall corners, flower beds etc.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

Re: which hose reels best for external van ports
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 06:05:55 pm »
a lightweight metal claber reel from gardiners will do you mate if you insist on lugging your hose reel in and out all day.about £40.

its a good cheap hose reel mate and it fits 100m of microbore on it if needed.
price higher/work harder!