sean84

Which insurance?
« on: November 20, 2011, 12:19:10 pm »
Am doing a bit of research before I start my round in the new year so all help would be appreciated!

When obtaining quotes for motor insurance do I have to put business use down or just social domestic and commuting? Would be using an estate for traditional work and backpack for hard to reach windows.

Not sure which thread I read and how much truth is in it but someone said just social domestic and commuting is fine as your not working from the vehicle as such?

Does the price increase a lot going from insuring social domestic and commuting to business use?

Pope vader

Re: Which insurance?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:25:04 pm »
grey area,  technically you are not working from your car, just traveling to the area and then working from ladders,  just tell them you are a window cleaner,

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 12:49:40 pm »
It's business use, plain and simple. Any claim will be turned down if you do not declare it as such.

Try Tesco's -they include the policy holder's business at no extra charge. My daughter uses them for her car as a self employed mobile hairdresser. My wife uses them for the family car as a self employed bookkeeper/window cleaner!
It's a game of three halves!

bad trippy

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:30:33 pm »
Honesty is the best policy my friend
DO NOT TAKE ANY CHANCES WITH INSURENCE COMPANIES!!!
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning