Jayen Jaria

Cleaning Contract
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:10 pm »
Hi, I have started my own business with a friend and we are looking for contracts.  Anyone knows who to approach for cleaning contracts.  We have been leafleting but it is very slow.   

Tony Hodgkinson

Re: Cleaning Contract
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 05:32:39 pm »
What I would say is when dropping leaflets knock on 1 in 10 doors and have a general chat with the customers.  I found that people will always try to remember who you are.

offer your service free of charge to local charities to help promote your business locally. The more people who know about you the more chance you have of winning contracts.

Word of mouth has been the quickest way for me and my company.

Also pick a target market/area and keep persistent. contact all the local small businesses in your areas you are wanting to target and have a chat with them find out if they already use a cleaning service and if so when their current deal is due to expire.

What market are you looking at targeting>
Mr Tony Hodgkinson
Hodgkinson Cleaning Services
E: info@hcs-cheshire.co.uk
W: www.hcs-cheshire.co.uk
Twitter: @hcscheshire

Jayen Jaria

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:54:43 am »
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the respond.  Well we want to get office cleaning contracts and Landlord end of tenancy, people who have several properties etc.

At the moment we are targeting on oven clean which is doing alright.

Jayen

Drewheald

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 10:17:51 pm »
Like the idea of freebies to charities! good idea

Office Cleaning Company

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 09:31:04 am »
Dropping leaflets is a scattergun approach and the response rate is going to be down to the numbers you drop off.

You can for the wearing out leather way for another approach.

I used to go around all our target areas - industrial estates for example, take a sales letter / info brochure with a plain envelope - go into the reception, ask them who would be responsible for the cleaning and would be ok to drop some information off for them.

Then make sure you write out the contact's name on the envelope and hope the receptionist doesn't bin it after you left and passes its on. The next and most important part is to ask the receptionist for a compliment slip. Most times the receptionist or equivalent  will give you this.

You now have the contact's name and details responsible for the cleaning, often times you will get more information from the initial contact (when the contract is due for renewal / are they happy with their current cleaners etc)

Now you need to collect as many of these as you can, get back and then get on the phone and try and introduce yourself and get through to the contact. You do have an advantage of plain cold calling, as hopefully the receptionist will remember you, you have dropped off a hand written envelop and showed some initiative (you'd be surprised at how many business owners see this as a huge plus - we've all been there after all.)

Good luck
Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now

Anna Warren

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 06:19:48 pm »
Very good ideas, thank you.
Sales letter, what should be written there?

Dear Sir/Madam

My name is Sue Smith and I'm a proprietor of Briiliant Cleaning , we offer great quality office cleaning.
Our rate is £x/h and minimum contract is x weeks.  Our contact number is c1234567

Looking forward to hear from you

Regards
Sue Smith

Does it look fine?

Office Cleaning Company

Re: Cleaning Contract New
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 03:21:15 pm »
Point out why you are different - for example - you are local, independent and hard working.

Anything that makes you stand apart from the usual bland anonymous guff everyone punts.

Tell some side of your story - everyone relates to stories not to sales patter.

Keep it brief.

You are not in a position to barter for min no of weeks contract etc, you want the business not the other way round so don’t start out with that mentality - get in the door and get started, if you do a good job that will keep you on.

Business owners will relate to your struggle/story, a poorly thought out copy and paste sales letter will end up in the bin.

Low Cost Office and Commercial Cleaning Services for London and Essex Companies
http://www.ics-online.co.uk - We Clean Better You Save Money - Get your instant cleaning quote now