angela stone

Employee clocking in system
« on: November 28, 2013, 05:48:45 pm »
Hi,

I was just wondering how everyone else managed employees working time covering multiple sites when the staff do not come back to the office.  Currently the area supervisor submits a weekly absence report which lists anyone off sick or on holiday and who covered but this isn't the ideal solution.

Does anyone use a different method such as an employee tracking system?

I'm trying to simplify payroll mainly but I would also like to check that staff are not leaving early as well.

any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Ange

newbroom

Re: Employee clocking in system
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 08:41:26 pm »
Take a look at Telelog.co.uk have been using for years cost me about £70 per month for 35 employees which is inexpensive if you have cleaners operating job & knock

pristineclean

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 12:46:58 pm »
I ended up having my own system designed and built to take care of this (I toyed with the idea of making it a commercial venture but haven't really pursued it ) but it genuinely annoyed me that there are no companies which just sell a box and that they all want ongoing service contracts. It took me more than two years but I eventually got what I wanted.

My system requires staff to input their numbers to a box when they get on site (no telephone line required since I do a lot of common parts cleaning and no mains power required for the same reason) and I get 1. a log of hours worked at the end of the week and 2. an automated (and free!) unlimited escalation procedure when cleaners either come in late or dont come in at all. In addition, holidays and sickness are requested and reported by SMS which removes paper filling and maintains records to allow for cover and accurate record keeping. Good news on that, if you're patient, is that I'm currently looking at ways to make that particular aspect of the service available for other companies to use free of charge since I think it's a useful tool for companies like mine. I'm expecting final build of the larger web page (which includes access to cleaners to download their payslips to save me postage) by March so that it ties in with the new tax year so if you're interested then keep an eye on this page which is the first place I'm going to announce it.

angela stone

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »
thanks pristine clean that sounds good!  Ill keep an eye out  ;D

johnowhetton

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 02:13:48 pm »
Take a look at http://www.iqtimecard.com
We have used them for almost 12 months now and works well for us

pristineclean

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 01:19:03 pm »
They are very good and I'd also rate Ezitracker and TimeAttend as being very reliable in terms of that style of remote monitoring.

angela stone

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:32 pm »
Hi John,

Just had a look at their website and it looks perfect.

what kind of cost would I be looking at?

thanks

Ange  :)