billozz

di cannister
« on: September 13, 2008, 04:43:17 pm »
we have bought an r/o c/w di from pure freedom. when we connected the di up water was going into one side but not coming out the other, we took it apart and inside the plastic container there was another container than had the resin in it, we could see a way for the water to enter this container(little holes around the top) but there was no way for the water to get up the middle of filter.
hope i have explained this so that someone can understand
bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Re: di cannister
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:01 pm »
we have bought an r/o c/w di from pure freedom. when we connected the di up water was going into one side but not coming out the other, we took it apart and inside the plastic container there was another container than had the resin in it, we could see a way for the water to enter this container(little holes around the top) but there was no way for the water to get up the middle of filter.
hope i have explained this so that someone can understand
bill
are the hoses round the right way ?

billozz

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:07:27 pm »
yes the hoses follow the arrow which indicates flow but even if they weren't the water should still flow through it from one side to the other........shouldnt it?

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 05:16:56 pm »
yes the hoses follow the arrow which indicates flow but even if they weren't the water should still flow through it from one side to the other........shouldnt it?
I put mine on once the wrong way and no water would go in I touched connector and got soaked head to toe as did every part of the van lol.

there maybe an air lock stopping the water going in, have to traced water to di

j burton

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 05:20:58 pm »
it may take a while to come through, once full it will stay full until you change resin again.

DASERVICES

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 05:42:50 pm »
Can you add a photo on here then may be able to solve it. I had a look at a PureFreedom DI vessel a couple of weeks ago and it was falling to bits, the strainer was broken.

billozz

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 06:37:22 pm »
this is a drawing hope it makes sense

Mike 108

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 07:16:15 pm »
Have you put the 'resin tube' in upside down (if that is possible)?

Mike

billozz

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:33:09 pm »
the resin cannister was already in when we got it.
having looked in side the canister we could not see a way for the water to flow through it, as explained above ther were little holes all round the top of the di cannister but it looks as thought the water must go up the middle of the cannister to come out of the top, but there was no obvious way for the water to get out of the top. not sure if any of this makes sense
bill

Mike 108

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:57:05 pm »
Bill

I'm sure I used to have a similar cannister. On mine, you filled the tube with resin, then put a circular sponge on top of the resin, then screwed a plastic cap on. The plastic cap had holes all around the circumference (the sponge was to stop resin getting out through the holes). The opposite end of the tube had a fixed plastic 'cap' on it which 'appeared' not to have any 'holes' in it - but water did get out, somehow.

I'm sure that the plastic cap with the holes in it went to the BOTTOM of the cannister.

It was possible, with mine, to put the tube in the wrong way round - which I did once - and it wouldn't work.

Mike

billozz

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 08:05:31 pm »
mike,
that sounds similar to ours, but as it was a new di we did not have to fill it with resin so we didnt have to remove the canister. if you look at the top where the water goes in and out there is only one way for water to reach the outlet, and that is by going up the middle of the cannister, but, as afr as we could see thete was no way that the water could get out of the top as it was completely sealed, i cannot put pics on as i dont have it here , hence the drawing
bill

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 08:21:10 pm »
billozz,.. it may take a few minutes for the water to start. it goes in the bottom of that small internal cylinder and works up through it and out a hole in the top of the cylinder,... it just takes a while to fill the first time.

Mike 108

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:21:22 pm »
Bill

"as far as we could see thete was no way that the water could get out of the top as it was completely sealed"

I thought the same - but it did get out.

My son-in-law now has the cannister I'm talking about and I'll be seeing him tomorrow. I'll have another look at it and see what I can work out.

If you don't get sorted before tomorrow night, I'll post again.

Or you can ring me if you want (tonight even) - 07968 845 936

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:46:39 pm »
I think I have the same filter you are talking about in the lock up, I will have a look in the morning