Overnight preparation
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:50:34 am »
What preparation do you do at the end of each working day. Or do you do it in the morning?

I leave my van ready for the next day after the current days work. There is nothing worse than trying to get a good start and having to spend time filling up.

Tom White

Re: Overnight preparation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:19:34 am »
Gloves in so I can turn 'em inside out to thaw on a radiator.  Boots on a radiator if they're wet.  Update what I've cleaned on the computer, update who has sent cheques/paid by bank transfer.

Make sure the flasks are taken from the van and washed.

Make any calls/texts that are required.

And if it looks like it's going to freeze,

1.  Run an extention cable upto the van and set the timer for the imersion heater to click on at 4.00 am.
2.  Take in poles and hose reels.
3.  Disconnect pumps and take 'em in (very easy to do since I've made it that way).

But I didn't do that last night!  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27:05 am »
when i get home i get my 25L DI VESSEL out and start filling up straight away,bring pumpbox inside and put it on charge if its gonna be freezing overnight(otherwise i charge it up in van via extension lead).update george on my laptop,print invoices for the next day if needed.

check tds,replace lid and thats it!! ;D ;D

i wash cloths if needed and put oil filled radiator on overnight if below freezing.

all this takes about an 45 mins-60 mins then im ready for the next days work.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Michael Peterson

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 09:37:51 am »
all of the above, but i just leave a 2000 w convector heater in the back of the van with everything coming on for an house every few hours, minus 5 last night, everything fine in the morning

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:46:46 am »
Gloves in so I can turn 'em inside out to thaw on a radiator.  Boots on a radiator if they're wet.  Update what I've cleaned on the computer, update who has sent cheques/paid by bank transfer.

Make sure the flasks are taken from the van and washed.

Make any calls/texts that are required.

And if it looks like it's going to freeze,

1.  Run an extention cable upto the van and set the timer for the imersion heater to click on at 4.00 am.
2.  Take in poles and hose reels.
3.  Disconnect pumps and take 'em in (very easy to do since I've made it that way).

But I didn't do that last night!  ;D

That's  why I asked!  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 12:07:33 pm »
recently put my convetable on ebay so now put van in garage overnight if its going to be freezing .... makes life a lot easier.

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:24 pm »
Everything that can freeze is inside; immersion heater on timer to go on at 3.00 am.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a good day.  Friday looks rough over here.

wpclean

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2013, 11:00:31 pm »
I convince myself that it is going to be too cold to work tomorrow, so when I wake in the morning I just turn over, and go back to sleep.

A-W-C

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:08 pm »
Everything stays in van i just chuck quilt over hose reel,pump etc then just before i go bed i turn tube heater on thats fixed in and alls fine by morning then off to work ready to fire up the hot water system  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tom White

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »
I don't fancy a hot water system; I'm happy with the immersion heater, but I like the sound of the tube heater:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HETH454.html?source=adwords&kw=&gclid=CJDngPT_7bQCFWbKtAodS2MAlg

Is this the sort?

R.C Property

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 11:16:06 pm »
Reverse back onto the drive, plug my van into the shed, to power my 2 tube heaters, job done.

-2.5 last night, 6 in my van!!! Didn't need to scrap windows either!

A-W-C

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 11:18:35 pm »
I don't fancy a hot water system; I'm happy with the immersion heater, but I like the sound of the tube heater:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/HETH454.html?source=adwords&kw=&gclid=CJDngPT_7bQCFWbKtAodS2MAlg

Is this the sort?

Yes Tosh thats them very low cost to run and sure does keep the frost off  ;)

R.C Property

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2013, 11:22:04 pm »

Is this the sort?

Yer, it's costs less than a 1p an hour per ft to run.

Tom White

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:49 pm »
Just the job I think, thanks.

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 01:24:57 am »
I convince myself that it is going to be too cold to work tomorrow, so when I wake in the morning I just turn over, and go back to sleep.

I live in a flat 14 floors up so it's a bit difficult to heat the van. I'd need an incredibly long extension lead.

I've removed the merlin ro from the van to up here and I've run the pump for 20 seconds dry.

Other than that, there's not much else to do.

So like the quote above, I'll be doing the same.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 06:06:32 am »
Put old heavy throw over hose reel in back of Truck cab and put in garage lucky to have a garage the reason i bought the house is the 20ft long garage .

Although for the next week i wont be able to get in garage until new kitchen is fitted so will have to take everything inside house.

Wash and dry cloths update workload and debt list . I dont fill up till the morning now i can heat water and it takes less than 10 mins to fill 400 ltr tank . Mike  

H2GoKent

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 06:10:58 am »

I live in a flat 14 floors up so it's a bit difficult to heat the van. I'd need an incredibly long extension lead.

I've removed the merlin ro from the van to up here and I've run the pump for 20 seconds dry.

Other than that, there's not much else to do.

So like the quote above, I'll be doing the same.

Are you the bloke who bought 16,000 bricks and when asked what they were for said they were for building a barbeque out back?
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence