TomCrowther

insuring multiple vans
« on: January 19, 2021, 04:19:15 pm »
Hi, I know it's been asked before but wondered if anyone has recent experience of insuring multiple vans. If you know of a decent broker or company who offer decent value.
Cheers.

Splash & dash

Re: insuring multiple vans
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 04:22:59 pm »
Hi, I know it's been asked before but wondered if anyone has recent experience of insuring multiple vans. If you know of a decent broker or company who offer decent value.
Cheers.

Mine are insured with Alexander swan , I have one policy for the vans , one for all the systems and poles . Some say they are expensive but I have always found them very competitive and they are always in the ball with things .

EandM

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 05:34:04 pm »
I have both of mine insured on separate policies with all mods declared and off road cover.
£179 for one and £300 for the other as it doesn't yet have any No Claims Discount applied.

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 05:59:14 pm »
I have both of mine insured on separate policies with all mods declared and off road cover.
£179 for one and £300 for the other as it doesn't yet have any No Claims Discount applied.
Who with?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2021, 06:04:22 pm »
A-plan

Multiple vans multiple drivers - any employee is insured to drive any van

If you have 2 or 3 vans then insure each individually

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

EandM

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2021, 06:28:58 pm »
Who with?

Gladiator

Jennifer1

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2021, 06:35:03 pm »
A plan
Easy to deal with quote within the day

Michael Peterson

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2021, 06:55:48 pm »
Gladiators ready

Mike Burd

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2021, 07:38:42 pm »
Soupy recommended a broker in Scotchland that we went with. Up to 5 vans with Aviva though. But once you get to 6 it’s got to be a fleet policy. Our fleet policy is still with Aviva.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2021, 07:40:59 pm »
Soupy recommended a broker in Scotchland that we went with. Up to 5 vans with Aviva though. But once you get to 6 it’s got to be a fleet policy. Our fleet policy is still with Aviva.

Are you referring to your policy or in general?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mike Burd

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2021, 07:48:14 pm »

Are you referring to your policy or in general?

Darran
Sorry. Confusing post.

The policy we had with Aviva was for five vans. All insured separately but each could have up to five named drivers. Once we got to 6 vans it was unworkable as too complicated moving drivers only being allowed 5 on each. In theory we could have carried on though.

EandM

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2021, 09:35:46 pm »