simbo

Really C**p cleaners
« on: July 23, 2005, 07:39:58 am »
Having done some leafleting last wed in a nice area in my town i was suprised to get 3 calls within 30 mins and another 3 by the next day.
Now there is a so called cleaner that does a lot of houses in this area but does not use a blade on anything wipe sills nothing, Just a bucket of dirty water filled with rags then wipes all windows. I watched this bloke do a 2 bed house in under 5 mins
i could not believe what i was seeing. This guy is not just a summertime cleaner and must have a lot of customers as charges £4 for houses i charge 10 and up.
I whent and cleaned for one yesterday and she could not believe what she was seeing, i brush all frames down clean glass polish out any smears then wipe frames and sills, this takes me less than half hour for £10 not 5 mins.
Had 2 already ask me to do thiers at my prices and they do not care as get a proper job, now i don't know if i should feel bad about this as not undercut anyone, and to be honest i don't as this guy has no pride in what he does or respect for his customers, i hope they all sack him.
Ps collecting must be a nightmare for him at £4 a time, me i do ten average a day no collecting ,Whats your feelings
Simbo@top2toe

Re: Really C**p cleaners
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:42:34 am »
I quite agree.  "If a job is worth doing - it's worth doing well".  No reasonable person will complain about a good finish.  Don't feel satisfied unless the whole thing looks good.  When they say "How much!  The last bloke did it for less than half". I always say "Where is he now!  I clean windows, not glass".
Pj

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 09:05:52 am »
Having done some leafleting last wed in a nice area in my town i was suprised to get 3 calls within 30 mins and another 3 by the next day.
Now there is a so called cleaner that does a lot of houses in this area but does not use a blade on anything wipe sills nothing, Just a bucket of dirty water filled with rags then wipes all windows. I watched this bloke do a 2 bed house in under 5 mins
i could not believe what i was seeing. This guy is not just a summertime cleaner and must have a lot of customers as charges £4 for houses i charge 10 and up.
I whent and cleaned for one yesterday and she could not believe what she was seeing, i brush all frames down clean glass polish out any smears then wipe frames and sills, this takes me less than half hour for £10 not 5 mins.
Had 2 already ask me to do thiers at my prices and they do not care as get a proper job, now i don't know if i should feel bad about this as not undercut anyone, and to be honest i don't as this guy has no pride in what he does or respect for his customers, i hope they all sack him.
Ps collecting must be a nightmare for him at £4 a time, me i do ten average a day no collecting ,Whats your feelings
Simbo@top2toe

My feelings?  You do a decent job, you ask decent pay.  No problem.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 09:08:14 am »
I quite agree.  "If a job is worth doing - it's worth doing well".  No reasonable person will complain about a good finish.  Don't feel satisfied unless the whole thing looks good.  When they say "How much!  The last bloke did it for less than half". I always say "Where is he now!  I clean windows, not glass".
Pj

I just tell them that I quote to give a regular reliable service over the long haul - NOT for one or two Summers at most.  That gets them thinking.  They can all get a cheapo job from someone who disappears after a few months, but do they REALLY want to be looking for another window cleaner time after time?

gaza

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 08:52:10 pm »
GO FOR THE LOT NICE TO HERE SOMEONE CAN PULL A FAST ONE ON A CRAP PRICED CRAP WINDOW CLEANER .My roll case in reverse,but only time will tell.

I dont believe in knicking other w/c work,but Ive changed my view. if your more expensive than him GENUINE then its their look out.
GO FOR THE LOT
GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO