gacleaning

IS A WATER FED POLE WORTH IT?
« on: July 21, 2005, 12:00:42 am »
HELLO THERE,

IM CURRENTLY OPERATING ON LADDERS AND AM SO NACKERED AT THE END OF THE DAY, CURRENTLY ME AND MY ONE EMPLOYEE DO AROUND 25 - 30 HOUSES A DAY (1 ON LADDER AND ONE DOING DOWNS
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF A POLE WOULD BE QUICKER, MAKE ME MORE PROFFIT DURING THE DAY AND FINALLY LET ME WORK ON MY OWN SAVING MONEY ON WAGES.

THANKS
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS NUMBER 1

gacleaning

Re: IS A WATER FED POLE WORTH IT?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 12:59:47 am »
I DONT MIND WORKING LONG DAYS KEEPS ME AWAY FROM THE SCREAMING KIDS!!!

ARE THEY EASY TO USE?

sair

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 06:40:32 pm »
why dont you ask if some one local to you , would take you for a day a the difference for yourself ,   iam sure someone on this  site would oblige if you post a request .
Essentially Pure Ltd

stephen d

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 09:26:50 pm »
simple answer is yes, but you have to consider start up costs-but long term yes, plus alot safer.

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 11:02:48 pm »
the answer is yes a lot quicker, but more importantly much safer, you can't fall of a pole
jay
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 06:21:49 pm »
yes and no.

wfp is only quicker if you are doing large houses,three storie buildings. i would say on normal 2-3 bed houses no quicker and even longer because of the set up.when i used to do houses off ladders and went to wfp people still have gates to climb,garages to scale so defeating the object of wfp if you still have to get ladder of rack to climb over these obstacles.But definately quicker on much larger properties.....but thats only my opinion after 2 years wfp

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 07:06:58 pm »
I'm still traditional and agree with everything Easyclean said.

I've no intention of getting up in the morning, filling tanks, charging batteries, loading car, etc... Then doing it all again when I get home.

At the moment I fill my bucket, grab clean scrims and get in the car.
Get home, scrims in washing pile, bucket in corner... easy life!

And:
By the time I'd pulled up and got the kit out, switched it on and started I would have done two windows off a ladder.

No way I'm changing until there's a better reason for more hassle! ;)

Cheers, Roger.(didn't mean to start a rant!)

gacleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 11:11:37 am »
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP PEEPS,

ALL YOUR ADVICE HAS BEEN NOTED AND IM GOING TO HAVE TO THINK HARD BEFORE SPLASHING MY CASH

CHEERS

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 11:37:10 am »
GA - Things to consider:-

What does your round consist of?
What do you want it to consist of?
How old and fit are you?

These are tha basics answers I'd need to know to give a thought-out reply.
It's a game of three halves!

gacleaning

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 11:46:35 am »
THE ROUND CONSISTS OF RESIDENTIAL WITH A FAIR AMOUNT OF THIRD FLOORS AND A COUPLE OF PUBS AND CLUBS WITH THIRD FLOORS

IM LOOKING TO BEEF MY ROUND UP WITH MORE COMMERCIAL WORK

AND FINNALY IM 20 AND FAIRLY FIT

CHEERS MIKE G

gacleaning

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 11:47:30 am »
SORRY 'MALC G'

Simon Carter

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 12:07:24 pm »
I used to think my water fed pole was great. At  least twice as fast. Shame it took me three times longer to get set up !.
After a steep & expensive learning curve I've improved significantly on this aspect & now have no regrets.
Window cleaning, as long as the job is done to the clients satisfaction is a time & motion exercise, but there is a world of difference between using the kit commercially as opposed to on houses. For a start, using a heavy commercial pole on houses is rediculous. I use an 18ft. fibre glass pole that reaches most third floor windows & is light & flexible enough to do over conservatoroies etc. with ease. I have a van mounted system, but would have been happy just with the Cleantech back pack that I subsequently purchased & use in preference to realing out from the van with a hose that seems to snare on absolutely everything on domestic work.
Do your research, buy the right kit for you, except that it will take a few months to all fall in to place & you won't regret it.
Onwards and Upwards...

eddie d

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 12:42:20 pm »
  i do 50% houses & 50% comercial. after 4 months poling i find it to be quicker on comercial but on houses about the same.im concidering splitting the work a bit and sending my mate out on houses on his own.i can quite easily do 200/ 300  on comercial on my own (my mate is on hols &ive found this to be the case.
  however after having a fall from about 20 ft & breaking my foot having 6 months off and being left with 3 pins in it my main concern is safety.
 i know someone who uses a trolly system on houses and gets on well with it.
 id say get a pole ,even at 20 one fall and its all over.
ive been a shiner about 15 yrs 4 /5 falls one bad one.
 i have no fear of ladders or heights but if your chargeing along trying bto make a quid accidents happen.

gaza

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 08:58:04 pm »
eddie: YOUR CRUEL: send my mate out on domestic,while you do commercial ;D

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO