petski2

Pole Tightening Thingies
« on: July 20, 2005, 08:16:51 pm »
Is anyone having the same problem as below and if so how do you get around it.
I have an ergolite pole and it has the standard tighteners on it.By this I mean the ones iv seen on most poles which you push forward to loosen and extend the pole then you pull towards you to tighten.My problem is they are wearing out,when I tighten it the pole is still loose and spinning while cleaning.The nut on the opposite side of the tightener is just spinning while it is supposed to grip in the tightener.
As I modified the pole quite a bit when I got it the guarantee is no good.
The pole I had previously ( a standard blue one that came with my omnitrolly) had the same tighteners but you could simply replace those but these are one piece thingies and I dont think they come off.
Any help guys. :)

davidsabishop

Re: Pole Tightening Thingies
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 09:23:09 pm »
If you loosen the thingy and turn the nut in the opposite direction the thingy tightens nicely.

petski2

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:28:50 pm »
Tried it David but I think either the nut or the indent in the clamp have worn out.No matter how tight I screw the nut its just spinning.I think maybe I should have asked the question:does anyone have an ergolite and have they ever replaced the clamps.
As I said on my old pole it was easy as the clamp was split down the middle so you just unscrewed it and lifted it off but these are one solid unit. ???

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 04:26:04 am »
Can't you just replace the thingy?

Marc's on the Glass, LLC

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 04:32:39 am »
I have an Ettore pole.  Just replaced one of the couplings.  Cost me $5.00.  The teeth in the thingy finally wore out and wouldn't grip the intermediate pole any longer.

petski2

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 08:11:15 am »
Graham have you seen the price of the Ergolite.
30ft and it cost us just shy of 600 quid. :)

Craig_Mawlam

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 08:43:41 am »
Petski,

There is a simple solution, pls speak to Mike in the pole bay at Ionic Systems.

Rgds
Craig
Ionic Systems