Customers4u

Anyone famous on your round?
« on: July 19, 2005, 10:30:43 am »
Has anyone got anyone famous  on their round, by that i mean someone who regularly appears on tv, sports person whatever, I ask because we have Germaine Greer (from celebrity big brother and countless other news programs etc) on one of our rounds, but there must b loads more, from the members out there in window cleaning land!

Paul

:)  ;D :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

Re: Anyone famous on your round?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 03:24:23 pm »
i have eric pollard of emmerdale on my round (not that i watch the program mind!) :o

steve k

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 04:33:44 pm »
gave a quote to Brian Reade, the Mirror columnist/journalist, £30 for a big, many roomed, sash windowed house...called him back to see if he wanted it doing..."my dads going to do it..." !!!!!

he must be on a few bob but would rather send his dad up the old ladders to save a couple of quid... :-X

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 04:44:14 pm »
Not me, but there's loads of famous people living around the Chepstow area.

The closest I've got is the brother of Feeder's frontman Grant Nicholas.

Still, ex-Spice Girl Mel C lives up the road, might go and give her a quote. ;)

Roger.

marc al

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 05:06:58 pm »
  i do the windows of the woman who plays connie in holby city, can't remember her name and didn't know who it was until I saw here in the local paper.

dai

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2005, 06:42:50 pm »
I used to do John Stalkers on the Conwy Marina. Dai

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2005, 07:06:26 pm »
Yep, someone very famous, but if I told you I'd have to kill you!
Pj

liscannor

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2005, 07:37:51 pm »
how about some really famous like "the Queen" Mick Jagger or Terry Wogan. Hey imagine singing into the business end of an applicator doing "Honky Tonk Women" duo with mick jagger on his front Lawn.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2005, 07:56:41 pm »
Hey imagine singing into the business end of an applicator doing "Honky Tonk Women" duo with mick jagger on his front Lawn.

And I thought it got wierd on here last night... :o

Come back Graham, all is forgiven!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2005, 09:57:26 pm »
Has anyone got anyone famous  on their round, by that i mean someone who regularly appears on tv, sports person whatever, I ask because we have Germaine Greer (from celebrity big brother and countless other news programs etc) on one of our rounds, but there must b loads more, from the members out there in window cleaning land!

Paul

:)  ;D :)

Not currently.  I once canvassed Judy Dench's house and didn't realise who she was till a few days later.  She already had a window cleaner.  My father cleaned windows for a while in the 60s.  He cleaned the late Harold McMillan's house.  He also cleaned for Sir Denis Lowson (former lord mayor of London).  I've been paid by cheque by a couple of "Sirs" and "Ladys" over the years but they weren't people I'd ever heard of.

rosskesava

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2005, 11:55:03 pm »
I feel privelidged. We do quite a number.

But there again, I live in an area (Brighton) that attracts them and driving around in an ex hearse done up to look like the ghost busters vechicle helps.

I love it. You can't beat being an exhibitionist. Just to step outside yourself and be that person who does something ordinary in an extrodinary way.

Cheers

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 12:00:18 am »
Hey Ross, does that include Jordan?

I know she lives there.(I'm not a stalker!)

rosskesava

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 12:09:29 am »
Hi Squeaky Clean

Jordan lives the other side of Worthing which is 10 miles to the West of here although I've seen her a number of times in Brighton.

In the flesh she is surpringly better looking than she is on tv. And shorter too.

Her famous bits that she is well known for seem to have shrunk lately also.

The strange thing about Brighton is that the rich and famous can walk about with no one bothering them. I saw the dj Boy George last week eating a meal in a greasy joe cafe and no one cared less. Last month my missus and I saw Paul McCartny's wife (or how ever you spell his name) in Waitrose.

The only exception to that is Chris Ewbanks who does every thing to get noticed.

Cheers

baldeagle

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 07:46:28 am »
Did some W/Cleaning many years ago and used to do those belonging to the late Nikolai Poliakovs.

Who? The olders amongst us knew him as "Coco the clown".

Baldeagle in Staffordshire
"John the Window Cleaner."
A business founded during the Elizabethan age.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 08:28:06 am »
 ;)I cleaned benny hills flat up in london in queen Anns gate,it did not have much in it,he came out with a plastic bag and got in a black cab!he did make me laugh on TV,Thats why I am tongue in cheek :D ::) with me 12 incher ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Customers4u

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2005, 09:21:34 am »
It,s pretty good having a celebrity on your round, when asked if we,re any good, i just say well if its good enough 4 Germaine Greer!

That usually sways em!
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

dougster

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 11:58:29 pm »
i have canvaced carl fogartys ranch at mellor, but was told later that i was not needed as a fan of his would clean them for free,what a joker he must bejavascript:replaceText(' ;D', document.postmodify.message);
Grin

dustycorner

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 12:50:25 pm »
I do the windows for Ian Lavender ( Pike from Dad's Army ). Both he and his wife are lovely a job i look forward to each month.

Cheers Mark.

eddie d

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 05:14:38 pm »
 i clean elvis s house. he lives in a modest 3 bed semi in chelmsford.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 05:46:22 pm »
Not true eddie d - everyone knows elvis lives in a flat above the chip shop where he works.
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 06:45:01 pm »
I do the windows for Ian Lavender ( Pike from Dad's Army ). Both he and his wife are lovely a job i look forward to each month.

Cheers Mark.

Stupid boy...

eddie d

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2005, 08:07:17 pm »
  i also clean lord lucan s  he lives in a terraced 2 bedder in chelmsford. but dont tell anyone