Securing WFP van mount battery and nick nacks
« on: July 17, 2005, 04:26:01 pm »
Little bits and bobs to do - just wanted to ask how people secured the WFP batteries in their vans

also - do you fit a switch to set the pump away -

and finally, is it definitely ok to leave everything switched on and just stop the flow (stop connector or valve) when and as you want

thanks

Re: Securing WFP van mount battery and nick nacks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 06:32:04 pm »
batery is in a case secured to van floor a switch fused to battery and battery to alternator

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 07:41:56 pm »
Thanks - is the case a proper part for this job or is it custom made - I had been thinking of getting a replacement battery tray for any car and bolting it to the floor

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 08:03:16 pm »
mines custom made by tucker but you could make a box from any hardwood bolt to floor then have lid to be able to get to battery also the battery in my van is a caravan battery not car battery

marc al

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 09:39:02 pm »
  Is the battery wired into the cars charging circuit, I take it if it is you need something to stop the car draining it instead of its own battery when starting?
  I have an interior light very close to where I have mounted my variflow unit, does anybody know if it's OK to use the van's 12v supply to this to power my pump and forget about a secondary battery?

Marc

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2005, 09:31:30 am »
i wouldnt do that really if your on a job for a long time you will deffo drain your car battery thats why you have a secondry battery.easy to install

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2005, 02:26:54 pm »
How is it fixed, Graham -

Roy Harding

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2005, 02:50:03 pm »
You buy a leisure battery and have a dual charge relay, this will make sure both batteries are fully charged.

You can buy them form any motor spare car shop or ebay.

Roy :)

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2005, 06:11:04 pm »
cheers for replies - got a 4 quid battery retaining clamp to hook it onto inner wheel arch
getting an auto electrician to wire it up
nearly there might ask about demin columns in van next ;)