The Bear

The Federation
« on: July 15, 2005, 08:18:01 pm »
Does anyone know why the fed website is off?

Re: The Federation
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:09:28 pm »
I didn't know they had a web-site!  My impression of the 'Fed' is that it's run by some old guys with cob-webs in their hair and the only bonus of being a member is that you can use their logo on your stationery.

Just recently I spoke to a window cleaner, (Ian_Giles knows him), and he'd never heard of the 'Fed'.  This window cleaner has only been cleaning windows for EIGHTEEN YEARS!!!

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 09:31:12 pm »
I,ve just had a look and its up and running,

as a member myself I'm now starting to think along the same line as windows-chepstow,
Ive learned more in the few short months I,ve been a member of this forum, felt a greater sense of belonging and had more help in running and improving my bussiness than I've ever gained from being a fed member, as far as the logo goes the only  Businesses that I,ve eencountered that even know who or what the federation is / are tend to be councils so as far as getting work from thier logo it don't happen,

I know that they represent the industry in lots of ways, but I'm afraid after  reading "Professional Window Cleaner" "window Talk" is in the shadows in my opinion and I feel that I will get a better return for my money by subing to the new mag.
Please note this is MY opinion and is not meant to belittle the work that the Fed do.

Alan
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 09:56:41 am »
 ;)yes I can relate to the window cleaners never known of the Fed,I have had that said to me,they have been going for some 5o years or so,I dont think they have done enough PR on it on a national radio TV paper scale,I think that is the problem,that costs money,but it would be well spent,I now am off the board after doing some 4 years but I still will be doing the shows with them as I did before I was on the board ;D
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2005, 10:52:36 pm »
from personal experience I would'nt bother - I've never got any work through them and all i have received since I have been a member is a magazine once every three months and a certificate that's been printed off a computer.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

poleman

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2005, 11:28:02 pm »
I would say JOIN why?

1.                   Employers Trade Association

2.                   Health & Safety Information with Free safety safety guide

3.                   Free 24 hour Legal Advice Line

4.                   Discounted Equipment

5.                   Quarterly Trade Magazine

6.                   Corporate advertising in Yellow Pages

7.                   Use of Logo

8.                   free IOSH health & Safety Awareness Courses

9.                   Ladder Safety training Video

10.                 Training: Trade information and Guidance

11.                 Annual Trade Show & Window Cleaning Competition

12.                 Group Accident financial assistance

13.                 Identification Card

14.                 Area membership Lists Supplied on request to Councils/Agencies etc.,

15.                 National Vocational Qualification information available

Andy