robert mitchell

Re: gardiner gooseneck valve.......
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2019, 11:07:01 am »
There shouldn't be any pressure on the JG fitting why are you pulling against the fitting ?

its at the top where the connector connects to my main pole hose from the gooseneck INSIDE my pole that keeps coming loose....

Why have you got a jg connector INSIDE your pole ?
you dont need one , length of pole hose o clipped onto univalve then straight through to the brush with an o clip or hose stay just above exit from angle adapter .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Plankton

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 04:04:08 pm »
I didn't have a jg inside before but changed to this so I could take the pole appart etc without cutting the hose. Cut it back 10mm and it's right as rain.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 04:09:16 pm »
There shouldn't be any pressure on the JG fitting why are you pulling against the fitting ?

its at the top where the connector connects to my main pole hose from the gooseneck INSIDE my pole that keeps coming loose....

Why have you got a jg connector INSIDE your pole ?
you dont need one , length of pole hose o clipped onto univalve then straight through to the brush with an o clip or hose stay just above exit from angle adapter .

its to change goosenecks easily and quickly.....gardiner supply them with all their poles ....

anyway i cut a bit of hose off both sides of the pole hose and refitted the connector and its been fine today even with very hot water.... :)
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2019, 04:16:09 pm »
as above

I'm still a it confused about Daz's problem - he must bellowing to change his opinion,  as last month the univalve was the best thing since hot water  ;D

Darran

the univalve is great and ive fixed the problem i was having but i just fancied a change so ordered the new gardiner gooseneck valve......i had a rough prototype a few years ago that broke after a day but i was pretty impressed with it before it broke....

Plankton

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2019, 04:24:36 pm »
Also for anyone who doesn't, use the likes of Gardiner Pu hot water pole hose for the top section where you need to clamp it. This was fitted in January and hasn't moved with the other hose types causing a problem by slipping up the hose from pulling on the hose. I eventually changed mine about two months ago and it's not budged either.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2019, 04:45:29 pm »
I have had my slx 25 for almost 3 years using uni-valve from the start using hot and the green hose.   Never had an issue with the fittings.  I did service the uni-valve about 6 months ago as it started to stick, which now works again fine.

I had a new addional pole a few months back and the push fitting failed from the start due to missing its teeth in the part. Replaced it, and again working a treat.

Only thing I added on both poles was a second red stem so I was not push fitting hose.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2019, 05:10:42 pm »
so to be clear its not really a univalve problem - just the way you have set it up....

If I remember correctly the Gardiner switch is a version of Peter fog wills aquatic where you twist the pole to turn on/off?

there ok - but can be a pain when wiping sills and in the end the twisting motion put extra wear on the pole sections

Darran

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2019, 05:28:19 pm »
so to be clear its not really a univalve problem - just the way you have set it up....

And he stands on the hose causing it to turn on scalding customers faces...

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2019, 04:06:28 pm »
I've now fitted my new Gardiner gooseneck valve to my xtreme 47.....tried it out today and it works perfectly....itll be great for water control on solar panels,/high level velux windows and 4 storey work as no need to take your hands off the pole at height to tug the hose(or turn on a tap).....👍

Ooooooog

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2019, 08:16:57 am »
Can you do a video please? I might get a couple.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2019, 11:14:24 am »
Can you do a video please? I might get a couple.

Gardiner have a video on their website mate.....it seems a good bit of kit...👍

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2019, 07:42:56 pm »
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2019, 09:05:41 pm »
10 what ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2019, 09:07:29 pm »
Penny just dropped  :D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2019, 09:28:24 pm »
Pennies are defiying gravity up here! Can you please explain  ???

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2019, 09:52:18 pm »
you will see in the fulness of time

;D