*paul_moss

Re: Smoking ban letters
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 04:03:29 pm »
Very good idea.Just sent out to 20 local pubs and clubs to see what the responce is.
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

carpetguy

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 09:43:42 pm »
We considered taking over the only pub in a nearby town, with extensive outdoor areas..........brewers were prepared to spend £60k, including" bear garden", having experienced the smoking ban in Spain, we held back and a local licencee, took over the premises, until the brewers found a new tenant..................during the summer, it was very busy, but has completely died, over the winter months, in spite of a very mild winter up here.

Nice leaflet, though, but.............tell them what you're gonna do for them............not who you are !!!!!!!!!!and keep reminding them.

gmcs

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 09:58:34 am »
Culd you e-mail me a copy of flyer as it will not display on my computer Thanks

gmcs@minehead.fsbusiness.co.uk

carpetguy

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2007, 08:29:15 pm »
Just to update the effect of the smoking ban,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,what were very busy and popular pubs are clhosing  / up for sale at an alarming rate, up here.

I don't smoke and having to drive 7 days a week don't drink, but I feel the loss of pubs will be a social disaster, which might take a few years to impact.

Unfortunately, the generation currently growing up find it cheaper and more exciting to take medications, intended for other peoples ills, strange mentality !

Also. supermarkets are seling booze for less than milk / lemonades / fruit juices, etc, with the result that, many are drinking at home, the long effect of this does'nt bear thinking about, in terms of cost to the health service....................

So what was the reason for the ban ?.........................Was it not to save our health service.?