wayne zabel

Key Rings
« on: April 10, 2010, 01:29:33 pm »
Just had a letter from a company with a free key ring enclosed with the name of my CC business engreaved on the metal.Looks vey nice is metal and doubles as a small bottle opener.,Obviously they want me to purchase some more to give as small gifts to customers.They sell at £1.49 each regardless of how many you buy.

Has anyone else used this as a marketing tool so that your name is always remembered.

Any other CC's received the free gift or am I the guinea pig.

Joe H

Re: Key Rings
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 01:46:10 pm »
I have not had a key ring but in the past I have had pens - but they run out of ink and get thrown away. The key ring dont sound bad. I assume that is £1.49 +VAT

I good suggestion someone said, and its quite cheap, is to have sticky labels with you business and contact details and ask can you stick it on their vacuum cleaner. Every time they get the vac out to do a clean they be reminded who does the deep clean.

Another one is for those who like fridge magnets. Not for everyone but effective for those who like them.

derek west

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:54:35 pm »
not saying its a good idea but i have about 10 keyrings dotted around the house, i hate them with my keys cos i got too many so i just have one key fob and the rest are in the drawer. would i swap yours for worlds greatest dad. liverpool or a piccy of my kids? well would i? hu hu hu. would i? would i faaa la la laaaaaaa ;D

thats one way of looking at it for ya.

spotter bottles are the only way to stay in someones house, as joe says pens run out and i'm not sure i would want a sticker on my hoover.
but remember this is just one persons take on it.

Colin Day

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 03:17:06 pm »
spotter bottles are the future ;)

richy27

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 04:59:43 pm »
i spent £150 having coffee mugs printed think they worked out at £1.25 each only give them too my very best custys.

Aquakleen Restoration Services

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 06:00:08 pm »
Nah for a few pence more get some spotter bottles from www.restormate.co.uk Just tell your customers every time you come to do a job you will top it up completely free! Customers love this!

wayne zabel

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 06:03:13 pm »
Whats the best solutions to make up the spotter?

Paul Redden Countryfresh

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:14:03 pm »

Microsplitter  ;)

Paul
"So basically its a big vax!"

james roffey

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 10:44:38 am »
Not sure about the keyring idea, spotter is far better and if it has you name on it even better

I tried the Alltec one but it was very poor, then did a bit of research on the forums for an alternative, went with Solutions spotter with my own label on it i have to say it is a very effective spotter so much so it is the first thing i try in my own spotting kit, used it on some red wine on a carpet sample against Prochems dedicated wine remover and Alltecs general spotter and it was better than anything i have ever tried, stain came right out :o

Give Nick at Solutions a call

wayne zabel

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 12:40:43 pm »
Hi Jim.I'm a bit confused mate.You said Altecs spotter was poor so you tried Solutions and that was good,then at the end you say Altecs was better than anything - do you mean Solutions?

Is this stuff diluted then put into sprayer bottles and also where do you get your own labels from?

Do you have a number for Solutions?

Thanks

Wayne

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:47 pm »
Wayne
Jim could well be at CCDO in Stoke today hence him not online.
He may have left a comma out of his sentence which has confused you but he is saying Solutions spotter is better then Prochem of Alltecs.

Solutions sell there spotter for advertising purposes in 500ml bottles. I have not tried it personally but Jim has and from his post he is very happy with it.
I think they print a label with your details on and you just stick them on at will.
They do not advertise the spotters on there website cause the website is open to the public and some carpet cleaners sell these spotters to their customers, so they wouldnt like the custy to know the mark up.
You will get the tel number form here.
http://www.worldofclean.co.uk

wayne zabel

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 05:35:03 pm »
Thanks Joe,yes on reading it again it makes perfect sense - my misunderstanding.

clinton

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 08:27:05 pm »
Maybe try and build up a client base to start with wayne and spend your money doing that first rather than spend lots on key rings mate..

I used to do a home made imformation pack,was a plastic envelope clear binder form offie world with 4 sheets of paper with a stain removal advise and also some questions an answers,on the front it had my name and tel number etc,some clients still have them after 12 years lol

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 09:35:07 pm »
I used to do that Clinton and a few older customers do have them but I think with all of the free info and leaflets around then may be spotters are the way as they are more useful.

Shaun

craigp

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 10:13:23 pm »
I give away spotters. Sometimes people phone to ask for more, then I sell them to them, not to make money but to cover the cost of having to deliver them.

Not trying to plug Alltec but I must say Alltecs eco spotter look the best (they look more expensive) very professional sticker and bottle, upto what I have been using before.

james roffey

« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 04:59:44 pm »
Graigp

I placed an order with Alltec for there spotter which was priced very cheap, when a sample arrived i found it to be completely useless so i cancelled the orded.

Yes it looked nice but that was it, the solutions stuff is in a word "brilliant" and as mentioned better at removing red wine from wool carpet  than known brands spotter dedicated to wine removal :o so delighted customers and friends who want to buy the stuff as at the moment i give it away to my better customers ;) it has my logo  name and tel no on it too