wayne zabel

Filtration marks
« on: March 17, 2010, 07:47:06 pm »
Got a job soon Poly Prop with lots of filtration/draught marks.I intend to use Ultrapac renovate on them,can someone suggest best way/technique to get a good finish?

Thanks

Re: Filtration marks
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:17:11 pm »
Apply hot, scrub, leave 10 minutes, rinse

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 08:27:05 pm »
The dwell is most important because of the way UR works and avoid going too aggressively with the brush,  It's also worth pointing out to your customer they will return.

Simon

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:33:22 pm »
It's also worth pointing out to your customer they will return.

I had to break this 'good' news to a customer a few weeks back.
A 3 storey house, only 2 years old, £450k and every wall, down the stairs suffered with a couple of lines across the landings for good measure.
I told them the only way to solve this (other than to vacuum the edges every day) was when the time comes to renew the carpets, get them lifted, seal all along each and every skirting board, and make sure the carpet fitters put down some thick paper over anywhere where they is the slightest gap.

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »
Yeah,seeing a lot of this in new houses i clean,really hard to get out,also seeing lines of little dots where they have the kicker spikes down too far
What goes around comes around

richie

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:32:18 pm »
Mix some Prochem Citrus Gel with warm water in a trigger sprayer.  Spray the filtration marks then aggitate lightly, allow 2 or 3 minutes dwell then extract.  Works everytime for me.

Richie.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 09:36:20 pm »
Mix some Prochem Citrus Gel with warm water in a trigger sprayer.  Spray the filtration marks then aggitate lightly, allow 2 or 3 minutes dwell then extract.  Works everytime for me.

Richie.

Clever, I could see that working. Nice one!

derek west

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 10:03:00 pm »
citrus concentrate from jk at restoremate, mixed 3 to 1, dogs doodahs.

is john showing at carpex? could do with a tub, getting low.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:12:53 pm »
Yeah Derek i would have to agree on the citra clean its like a swiss army pen knife ;D ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »
Yeah Derek i would have to agree on the citra clean its like a swiss army pen knife ;D ;D
;D ;D
which clint eastwood cowboy film was it where that travelling salemen was selling that stuff which did everything, think it was "the outlaw josey wales" (quality movie) bet he had citrus concentrate in that bottle ;D