Chris Bailey

Wood stain/Dye
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:35:14 pm »
Hi all

Was called out this am to look at some sofa cusions.  The suite had been cleaned about two weeks ago and the actual base is fine.  The problem is that the guy that cleaned it sat the two cusions on the top of two of the custys dinning chairs, set back to back, to dry.

The suite is a white cotton suite and guess what, there are four transfer marks from the chairs on the cusions.

The guy that has cleaned it originally has apparently been back and had a look but nothing else and the custy has difficulty getting hold of him (nice man).

From what the custdy discribed HWE was used to clean the suite but she has no idea on what chemicals were used.

I have tried M/S, Eco & No 3 but there is no transfer.  I have a box of Prochem stuff, red rx, solvex etc but thought I'd ask before I start on that road.  Has anyone else come across this?  if so any idea on how to move it?

Like I say, I've not tired anything else as yet, thought I'd take some advise first.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

Karl Wildey

Re: Wood stain/Dye
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 07:44:23 pm »
Cotton is the worst material to remove any stain from, and it sound permanent. Should have waited until orginal cleaner had finished job properly. If the marks are on the zip ends of cushions at least it will not be visibile.

Chris Bailey

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 03:51:41 pm »
Hi Karl

Original cleaner didn't want to know, that's why I got the call.

I was thinking about using oxibrite, fibre buff & carpet shampoo to try and bleach it out as I thought this is probably the only thing to remove the stains.

Chris
Carpet Care

Leicester

John_Flynn

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 04:27:33 pm »
Walk away, do you want problems??.

Remember once you touch it the problem becomes yours!!.
I get better looking each day!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 07:17:29 pm »
Chris

Agree with John

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Dave Parry

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 10:03:29 pm »
Once had a customer who placed cushions back on frame which had black fabric on. Was not colour fast so transfered. Called me back, I told him that I had stood them on the floor for that very reason, and had told him to leave them there untill dry. As a goodwill gesture tried to clean with no difference.
so he put them in washing machine, on a boil wash (told me thermostat didnt work, so made no difference what the dial said).
Came out a treat.
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 10:53:57 pm »
Dave did they turn into scatter cushions?

Shaun

Dave Parry

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2005, 11:25:28 pm »
Dunno, I left once they came out the washer. Mucho Pronto
Bracknell, Berkshire,
Phoenix T/M,
http://www.cleanercarpets.org/index.html