Tom Bennett

Wonderwand.
« on: September 10, 2009, 02:21:43 pm »
Anybody out there using a Wonderwand as I'm thinking of buying one, any thoughts welcome (within reason).
Shaun I'm still waiting for a photo of the RX20.
Thanks.
Tom.

Re: Wonderwand.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 02:25:00 pm »
There was a thread on the wonderwand quite recently.... Try a search dude! :)

If you look at Hydramaster's website you'll see the RX20 on there....

Cheers, Colin.....

Tom Bennett

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 03:08:51 pm »
Colin,
Thanks for that. I was just hoping somebody who uses the Wonderwand could give me their opinion, regarding the RX20, Shaun has/had one for sale and I wanted a photo before the haggling started.
Thanks.
Tom.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 03:50:28 pm »
Ok so! I wouldn't mind one of those RX20's...... See what Santa brings!!!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
Tom

There OK a lot better than most I’ve used you are more than welcome to try if local (wife wants the lounge done)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 07:30:04 pm »
Tom I'm trying to upload the picture but it won't have it, I don't usually have a problem but it wants resizing, I'll have another go.

Shaun

Darren O

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:40 pm »
Got mine delivered from Cleansmart today will try it tomorow mine is the last one Cleansmart will be selling  Amtech arent giving them any more stock.

garyfindlay

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:38:41 pm »
I thought my wonderwand was excellent on shorter piles, but struggled on longer piles. The carpet was dryer, but uses a h@ll of a lot of water with the portable.

derek west

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
I thought my wonderwand was excellent on shorter piles, but struggled on longer piles.

where you stickin it? ;D

derek

garyfindlay

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:17 pm »
I needed antibiotics for the longer piles :'(

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 07:49:15 am »
Got mine delivered from Cleansmart today will try it tomorow mine is the last one Cleansmart will be selling  Amtech arent giving them any more stock.

Is that because of the chineese motors thingy - I remember a guy commenting that Matt had said something unfavourable about the current motors fitted, which then got to Amtech.

If thats the case, I think Amtech are the loosers as Matt is a fair and genuine guy.

and of course he has his "own" machine in his line up now, so that will compensate his loss.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009, 09:13:13 am »
I use a wonderwand and love it, but some say they cannot get on with one, so definitely try before buying. If you are anywhere near Warwick you could try mine!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2009, 09:37:23 am »
I bought larger jets for mine 015 what psi do most people run the wonderwand on going to use it this morning for the first time.

Tom Bennett

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2009, 11:31:22 am »
Philip,
I might take you up on that, I,m away for a week from this Sunday, so I'll give you a bell when I return.
Much appreciated, as was Len's offer.
Tom.

absolutecleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2009, 11:37:54 am »

and of course he has his "own" machine in his line up now, so that will compensate his loss.

Think this is probably more to do with it.

Darren O

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »
Used mine for the first time today its going to take time to get used to it dosent feel if its cleaning the carpet but the carpets looked good the drying times were something else compared to a normal wand.I was using it at 300psi and that was with the 015 jets you go through some amount of water the waste tank overflowed on the first job i done and that was just a lounge carpet i think i will like it once i get used to it.

Phillip Mold

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2009, 05:06:05 pm »
I Use it with my 400 psi ninja and the drying times are great compared with the predecessor to the wonderwand, 2 hours is the norm. I am amazed sometimes at the "open" wands which spray outside the drying area, thus ensuring you are leaving water or making extra dry only passes.

Tom Bennett: you are welcome, but where are you? should be on your profile!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

Tom Bennett

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 06:40:34 pm »
I live and work around the Walsall area, (ServiceMASTER franchisee for more years than I care to mention), so Warwick isn't too far away.
I use a truckmount and was wondering if the wand is useable or if they were just made for portables.

Len Gribble

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 07:00:53 pm »
Tom

Both the 2jet and 3jet work with a tm I run both at 300psi

Try before you buy. Oh I don’t love it but do love the money it makes ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

derek west

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2009, 07:26:48 pm »
why would you need a wonderwand if you have a truckmount?
a truckmount is designed to jet the muck off the carpet and then recover the solution.
 ???
derek