Adam Fearnley

Wondering Wand
« on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:10 pm »
Just wondering why all wands aren't configured with the jets on the inside like a wonder wand? It makes it nigh impossible to overwet the carpet and all the spray is nicely contained.  What are the benefits of wands with outside jets?

Re: Wondering Wand
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:14:38 pm »
Presumably the Wonderwand is considerably more expensive than your average wand? I've just started using a wand (Did use the "Scrubba" until recently).... I'm totally amazed at it's performance and it's the 4 jet from alltec....I'd love to try the Wonderwand as I've heard some good stuff about it!

Adam Fearnley

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 07:19:12 pm »
Likewise I would like to try a conventional type but only ever used a wonder w.  They are about £400 but I've seen most truckmounts using outside jets, so dont know if cost is the reason.

Glynn

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 07:23:30 pm »
It's certainly not a cost thing, a lot of truckmounter's use Titanium wands and these cost about £1K all in with a glide etc !. I carry over £2000 worth of wands just on one van and thats not including RX20 & RDM's.
Regards
Glynn

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »
we don't use wonder wands because they are crap, they don't over-wet the carpet because they have very fine jets which only allow a light wisp of solution to touch the carpet.  but with the poor vacuum  machines associated with the wonderwand you cant use anything else

i like to use a wand that really flushes the dirt out of the carpet so big jets are needed.

the wonderwand is just a gimmick and not really taken seriously by most carpet cleaners
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 08:02:00 pm »
And on the back of Mike's advice, I'll stick to what I got ;D ;D ;D

derek west

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 08:05:55 pm »
its called a wonder wand cos its a wonder it even gets the carpet wet. ;D

derek

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 08:08:44 pm »
I'll stick to my RD I'm bidding for on Ebay :o It gets carpets wet.... just a shame it can't get 'em dry ;D

richy27

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:57:06 pm »
although not knocking your opinion mike i disagree i have a 3 jet conventional wand as a spare and a wonder wand i have run them side by side as a compar. both on 400 psi both used more enough exact amount from solution tank . both wands cleaned with same result only dif was the wonder wand left the carpets a lot drier with less drying strokes. so although the name wonder wand makes you think gimmick i dont think it is  ps hate the name myself.

peter maybury

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »
I use internal jets for upholstery as it is nice not to have any over-spray but on a really dirty suite it does take too many passes to get the fabric clean so you have to reduce the suction considerably to get the flushing requires. Like wise with carpets will spray staind and stubborn areas without extracting immediately. Am not going to rush out for a wonder wand.

Peter   

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:09 pm »
I'll stick to my RD I'm bidding for on Ebay :o It gets carpets wet.... just a shame it can't get 'em dry ;D

HoHo. Very good Colin
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 10:27:16 pm »
Had a WW and it wasn't good at flushing but did dry the carpet fast as it didn't put enough water down.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 10:45:41 pm »
The reason it doesn't get the carpet wet is because a lot of the solution is drawn straight up the vacuum slot without ever touching the carpet.

AJB

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:18 am »
Mike if you think they are such crap, perhaps you'd like to give me the one that came with
the Powr-flite machine you were buying, as it's obviously no use to you, and a spare wouldn't go amiss.
As to flushing the carpet, CFR do sell different sized jets. Mine came with 2 sizes 01s and 03s.

Shaun i seem to remember your complaint was that it locked onto the carpet, and was difficult to move when
used with a truckmount. And remember it was designed for a vac optimised machine, pulling no more than 200 CFMs.

Judging by the way mine cuts through indian restaurant blacktop, no one will persuade me that they are crap, but
i will concede the name is.

At 500 Psi i can empty the 50 Litre tank in under 20 min's, but more importantly i can recover enough of that to
not bother with drying strokes.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

Len Gribble

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 06:59:08 pm »
It a wonderful bit of kit (3jet) I like it :-[

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2009, 07:05:16 pm »
AJB the ww did lock on and it was a nightmare so I tried less throttle to get less lock but the cleaning or should I say the flushing was pants.

Shaun

richy27

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2009, 07:43:31 pm »
AJB the ww did lock on and it was a nightmare so I tried less throttle to get less lock but the cleaning or should I say the flushing was pants.

Shaun

prob not a wand for trucky but perhaps a good bit a kit for us porty users.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:31 pm »
May be not but if you can imagine what flow rate we are using you'd have thought by reducing the vacuum the flow should be strong enough to rinse the fibres.

I know Mick Gayton doesn't like them and he uses a roller wand instead.

Shaun

AJB

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2009, 08:17:09 pm »
My tank empties that quickly with 01 jets, with 03s you can see the tank level dropping, this
is why i only use the 01s.
If i want more flushing, i increase the pressure, and if needed spray on the forward stroke, you
can get away with that with a WW.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 08:18:53 am »
The good thing about the CFR recyclying system is that whatever wand or psi you use the machine never needs refilling although with the glide wand if the head isnt seated totally against the carpet and psi is to high,you can soak the carpet .I find my conventional 2 jet wand running 200 psi works perfect.With the wonderwand you pull when cleaning ,with the glide you push,which I will never got used to.