Wondering about Wonder Wand.
« on: June 24, 2009, 03:45:20 pm »
Does anyone happen to think they "aren't" that good?

Joe H

Re: Wondering about Wonder Wand.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 03:59:03 pm »
They are good Colin, but unless you have the Constant Flow Recycle machine (CFR) it will use a lot of water at 500psi.
If it was a choice of £500 for a Wonderwand or £200 for a standard 2 jet wand - I would have to think hard.
If you getting a 3 vac Alltec with 2" hoses then I would think about a 2" standard wand or getting a DECENT upholstery tool (if you havnt got one) like a CFR with 3" and 5" head.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:12:50 pm »
Got one with my Perfect Heat approx. a month ago, finding it difficult to get used to it, only used it 2 or 3 times so far, keep reverting back to my old wand.
Find it a bit awkward & heavier then my old wand, also prefer the open spray on my old wand.

clinton

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:34 pm »
Like most things new colin it will take time to get used to your 3 vac set up and the bigger psi pump..

Phillip Mold

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 05:53:58 pm »
I use one with my 520 psi ninja and love it!.

I think its a marmite wand, you either love it or hate it so I would say try before you buy. Shame that you are so far from me or you could try mine!
Doing the best job in the world as well as I can

garyfindlay

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 05:56:05 pm »
I like mine, but at 400-500 psi it does use water. i find in thick pile i prefer a normal wand.

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 07:23:25 pm »

I think its a marmite wand, you either love it or hate it so I would say try before you buy. Shame that you are so far from me or you could try mine!

Thank you Philip, Richard lives close by and he has one. Apparently you can try before you buy, but I'll see how I get on with the wand that comes with the machine first!

Len Gribble

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 07:28:59 pm »
As Joe states it’s a lot of money don’t know how much a 2in wand come to or where to get one.

Have been using Wayne’s PFX1085-2PH machine with a two-jet ww on quite a few occasions running at 300psi water consumption on par with my 135psi yes it dose take some getting used too like there hand tools even used it on the tm very impressed if you were local I would have lent you Wayne’s

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »
I had one and although it cleaned well it got stuck to the carpet with the airflow of my TM, takes getting used to but a good piece of kit prefer a normal wand though.

Shaun

Len Gribble

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 08:19:48 pm »
Colin

I take it from you post you will have a good psi machine will recommend Hydro-force sprayer beat any pump-up you will use some water though!

Shaun

Is yours the 6-jet wand?

Len  8)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 08:25:40 pm »
My wonder wand was a 3 jet, I have a Prochem titanium and that has 6 jets which clean bloody fast.

Shaun

PS Len don't you love me any more haven't had any of your jokes for a while.

Len Gribble

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 06:50:56 pm »
Shaun

Don’t think ether of your wands will work well with an electric porty not sure about bane  ???

Gone pay as you go can email them to you ;)

Len

JS2

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:34 pm »
For a while I've been intrigued to find out if the WW does generally leave a carpet drier or, if multiple dry-passes with a regular external jet wand, achieves basically the same result with comparable productivity.  I assume that a typical WW cleaning stroke is relatively slow in time.

Pete (JS2)

garyfindlay

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 11:39:46 pm »
it does leave  the carpet dryer, but uses loads of water.

AJB

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2009, 12:40:31 am »
The beauty of the Wonder wand is that you can vary the speed of the stroke, dependant on how dirty the carpet is, your average carpet is no slower a stroke than a conventional wand. But if it's minging you can go very slowly over the bad bits without over wetting.
 I find cleaning is much quicker as you don't need drying strokes.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

richy27

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 08:41:59 am »

Thank you Philip, Richard lives close by and he has one. Apparently you can try before you buy, but I'll see how I get on with the wand that comes with the machine first!

any time col