GreenGlides

Re: Leaving Carpet Drier
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2005, 05:38:02 pm »
Do you find yourself pulling the wand vs; pushing it?

I have found I clean differently than my mates. I hold the valve open constantly keyed @ 400 psi and don't let up, I start at one corner of a room, I work about a meter long cleaning stroke, and over lap by 1/2 the wand head, and keep this overlapping pattern going all the way across the room, then come off the valve and dry pass back with the same overlapping. If ultimate dry is the concern, I'll slow down a bit and make the dry pass overlap a bit more.

I find I put down a lot of water in relation to others, but it cleans well and cleans faster.

On a real nasty, I will double the above, and they won't be dry in an hour, more like 2.

Do you use a 1.5" tubed 12" wand?

I found the larger tubed wands to dry better with or without a glide.
GREENIE

carpetmas5

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2005, 05:53:22 pm »
So if I would like to buy, how much to export to the UK, I am running a Hydramaster Boxxer 421 with 1 1/2" Wand. I also have aCFR Pro Station 400.

GreenGlides

« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2005, 06:05:40 pm »
Hi Martin,

I assume you are asking what a GreenGlide cost, as per the website they are $169 US and I pay shipping, They have an unconditional money back guarantee.

more importantly what exact wand do you use, HM has a habit of sending out a few different models with their units.

Cali yank
GREENIE

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2005, 09:34:17 pm »
yes greeny i do find myself pulling rather than pushing(sounds a little rude that)
and yes 1 1/2" tube

you could always give me a freebie and then i could tell everyone what my findings were ha ha  ;D

David Ware

« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2005, 09:57:08 pm »
Greenie
Average hose length 100' 13-15 hg 500psi with CFR push wand on carpets with pile over 3mm. Buttercup Magic Pull wand 400psi. Saves repetitive syndrome.
David Ware

carpetmas5

« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2005, 10:00:50 pm »
So how do I find out which wand I have? for my machine.
Martin

GreenGlides

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2005, 10:24:35 pm »
I really don't want to make this an advertising post, because I do clean everyday, and love this industry, i will cont. to clean as long as i'm able.

I only sound enthusiastic because this simple addition to my wand has changed the way I clean and view pushing wand everyday, it's really that big of a deal.

on the freebie, I extend the same to you here in the UK as I do the Americans and Aussies, with Credit Card guarantee, I'll send you one to evaluate, you only pay (ie: I process the card) if you like the GreenGlide, and i pay shipping.

I welcome you to read the website GreenGlides.com and specifically the "Learn about glides" section before ordering, so you roughly understand the concept.

As for fitting wands, thankfully there are enough mainstream wands made by well known mfgs. that I can easily tell what you have, such as a Prochem 11" quad jet, or PMF 12" 2 jet S bend.

What is critical is the wand lips dimensions, not the individual lips, but the whole "footprint" of what touches the carpet, usually it's a 12" wand, and has a width of about 1/2" give or take and those lips usually ahve a "lip ridge" about the same 1/2" or so off the carpet, this ridge is what the glide holds on to as the wand sits down into the machined channel of the teflon rod.

GREENIE

Glynn

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2005, 10:39:27 pm »
Greenie,
Fancy coming over here for a few days and attend our SDO ? I know its a bit far but we'd all buy you a pint ;)
Regards
Glynn

GreenGlides

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2005, 10:47:33 pm »
that is tempting.

Thanks.

GREENIE