Re: woops!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2008, 10:19:53 am »
Don't worry Nevil, I will pray for you. :D

nevil

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2008, 10:22:33 am »
Hi Goron.

How's it going. I have been working down your end of Kernow this week. Sorry, I don't target Hotels down there but they had heard about me.  ;D

nevil

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2008, 10:24:34 am »
Mike, can you make it a good one. I've got a lot to be forgiven for.  :)

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2008, 10:30:53 am »
Thats okay nevil if you really need to travel down all that way you must need it!

I'm okay by the way

Cheers Goron

nevil

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2008, 10:34:36 am »
 ;D

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2008, 10:42:21 am »
Goron

I think Johnny will be coming down your way soon too.

2 lanes of caravans on the M5 last night. ;D

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 10:55:11 am »
I had noticed there never quite seems to be so many coming back. ;D

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 11:09:13 am »
These moments only happen when you take your eye off the ball! Like the time when I as filling my first T/M from a kitchen sink mixer tap, I was merrily cleaning away in the lounge when I could hear running water running I looked all around and couldn’t see anything. When I went outside to the van for a smoke break I was confronted with water streaming out of the loft tank over flow! Oh poo was my first thought, quick as a flash I hoped to the kitchen to turn off the tap. What had happened was each time the header tank on the machine had cut off the water had gone up the hot water pipe to the hot water cylinder via the mixer tap then when that was full it then went to the loft tank! Thank God the overflow pipe was clear on the tank otherwise I would have been faced with a hefty bill for a new bedroom ceiling. From that day on I always use a cold tap only :o

nevil

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 11:26:11 am »
Whoops indeed Dave.

I had something similar when I was filling my DIY truckmount. While I was filling from a kitchen tap I stood on the hose as I was walking through the house and didn't give it a second thought. What I didn't know was that the pressure build up in the pipe had caused the tap connector to partially come off and spray water around the kitchen. Worse still the customer decided to wrestle with it to try to get it back on the tap without leaking. I was obliveous to all this for a full 5 minutes and by the time I entered the kitchen she was drenched from head to foot. The house was completly empty so she couldn't even dry herself or get changed.

Whoops.

Mike another prayer please.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 11:30:25 am »
Nevil

God said he had you down for Brain Surgeon, but glad he changed his mind now. ;D

nevil

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 11:39:15 am »
Nevil

God said he had you down for Brain Surgeon, but glad he changed his mind now. ;D

Changed his mind, do you mean like a brain transplant. Must of been some surgeon that one, beyond me. I got good grades in both metalwork and woodwork so maybe there is still a chance.
 8)

There must be hundreds of these storries out there, come on guys let's have em.

murky

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 01:54:25 pm »
If I am working alone or on rented jobs and they are the double glazed type doors that auto lock when they close I now allways put a mat in the door to keep it open.

That is because I know the hard way that when they shut they lock.

When that happened to me I went all through the garage, no ladder so I couldnt climb in through the bedroom window, no key in the garage as we all keep a spare key in there dont we, under the mat, plant pot, nothing, no neighbours in, she'd gone shopping not back for a couple of hours.

My brother was a copper and warned me that you can force those frames apart, so I got my carpet bolster from the van and hey presto forced it open.I wasnt finished when she got back as was arranged but just said it took a little longer than anticipated.

Murky

clinton

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 02:17:29 pm »
Good to hear all these stories as like derek just thought it was me who sometimes got into a mess :o

Mike

Johnny could be heading to your abode in the caravans do you do cheap b and b ;D

Derek_Walker

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 02:27:09 pm »
My brother and I were cleaning some carpets in a well known gay area, working back to back ;D and at the end of the job the guy gave us a tube of mini rolo's each, with a pound coin taped to the end. Is that some sort of secret code ? ;D

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 02:29:15 pm »
I ended up having to do a little light house-breaking :o

Door closed on me so going round the property I saw an open bathroom window. Shinned up the drain pipe, across the roof tiles of the kitchen extension and slipped in through the bathroom window. Good job I'm slim(ish).

Even gooder job that there were no neighbours watching.

Have always worked on the basis that as long as I have my van keys, phone and diary I can just about cope with any other senior moments.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

brian willis

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 03:39:27 pm »
 just jesterday did a lounge carpet, pushed the coner suite back a caught the wall paper, and tore it oooops! sh## lucky she was ok about it.  wont do that again.

colin thomas

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 04:20:02 pm »
i have done the lot, left my van keys on the sideboard of an empty house and the second i pulled the door to i remembered, had to wait for the lady to come home from shopping about 2 hours later. filling up at a restaurant i was cleaning via a hose on the tap and whilst i was upstairs it came off, the whole ground floor was under 10mm of water when i came down, whoops! quickly sucked it up and didn't own up to it, don't know how long it took to dry but they did ask me back the next year.
the ones i REALLY hate are when you leave something, chemical, equipment, anything and few customers will ring you to tell you it's there, i even left my stair tool once and when i rang the customer up she just said that she had wondered what that metal thing in the hall was, didn't have the sense to realise it might be mine as she had just had her carpets cleaned!!!
 >:(
colin

colin thomas

from edge2edge

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 04:57:23 pm »
Colin my girlfriend once went to pick up a machine she had hired out to a lady and when she asked where the handtool was she couldnt find it.The next day her friend rang her from london(we are in swindon) and said she had packed it in her suitcase by mistake when she left after the weekend.Got it sent back ok but just cant workout what a woman might think a handtool might be mistaken for   Regards Alan(swindon)