The Great One

Re: agitator and dry cleaning
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2008, 06:20:52 am »
Hi Guys

As a Dry carpet cleaner iu thought I would dip my toe in.

I have been dry for almost 5 years, doing mainly EOT and LA's work (about 98%) I am personally very happy with it.

Costs for me are about £60 for 24kg of product (this includes delivery & VAT).

One 12kg refill will earn me about £600 (this includes prespray). Although wet chems are probably cheaper, I have a greater M2 coverage and therefore can get out the door quicker and potentially earn more.

The wet v Dry debate will rage as long as there is CC'ing, I feel that the dry does give a deep down clean and is not just for maintenance, I personally have done some gruesome student carpets.

There is a place for all of us without this putting the other down attitude that always enters the Wet v Dry debate.

I have never put down a wet cleaner, why should I, just because I get the same result a different way.

Regards

Martin 8)

carlton care

« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2008, 10:54:52 am »
Well said Martin, the new machine, with vacuum has evolved from Carpet Gard's dry system which has been around for many years. I think it started with a small 1/2 horse rotary, but the new machine was introduced recently and is now marketed under different names.

The concept appears to be a simplified version of the Host, but possibly with additional benefits. I'm sure J K will enlighten us .

Tried the Host about 15 years ago and it was very popular as a hire machine. My main gripe at the time, was the small size and the product cost.

markpowell

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2008, 05:51:34 pm »
Hi Guys

I have been dry for almost 5 years, doing mainly EOT and LA's work (about 98%) I am personally very happy with it.

One 12kg refill will earn me about £600 (this includes prespray). Although wet chems are probably cheaper, I have a greater M2 coverage and therefore can get out the door quicker and potentially earn more.

The wet v Dry debate will rage as long as there is CC'ing, I feel that the dry does give a deep down clean and is not just for maintenance, I personally have done some gruesome student carpets.

There is a place for all of us without this putting the other down attitude that always enters the Wet v Dry debate.

I have never put down a wet cleaner, why should I, just because I get the same result a different way.

Regards

Martin 8)

The truth is Martin, you dont get the same results in a different way. It may look like you do to the naked eye but for how long. I have use dry and wet cleaning in the past and the fact is that dry cleaning will never in a million years give the same deep down clean that HWE will, its as simple as that. ;)
Mark

The Great One

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2008, 07:02:26 pm »
Hi Guys

Regards

Martin 8)

The truth is Martin, you dont get the same results in a different way. It may look like you do to the naked eye but for how long. I have use dry and wet cleaning in the past and the fact is that dry cleaning will never in a million years give the same deep down clean that HWE will, its as simple as that. ;)
Mark

As I said this debate will rage on & on.

Has done long before I was a CC and will long after.

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2008, 08:40:15 pm »
Martin how can you get a greater M2 coverage with your system?

Pre vac same, moving furniture same, pre spray same, then sprinkle saw dust and aggitate isn't as quick as wanding.

To get £600 for £30 is very steep I may spend £2 to £4 for £600.

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2008, 09:19:10 pm »
Hi

My operating width is 40cm, so I cover the M2 quicker.

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2008, 09:22:32 pm »
Mines 35 cm and I don't have to wait for sponges to dry before post vacuuming which is another process to add.

Shaun

The Great One

« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2008, 09:53:05 pm »
Hi

Great :)

Regards

Martin 8)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:45 pm »
Shaun 1-0 Martin